Retirement visa additional income

Retirement Source of Income

I am retired, but my pension is not enough to meet the requirements for the retirement visa. Could I also use the income that comes from my monthly apartment rentals in the UK?

If you can be able to provide proof of your income in the UK, then you may use both your pension with the additional income from the apartment rentals. An income affidavit should be obtained from the UK Embassy in Thailand in order to proceed with the application.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a Reply to John Davidson Cancel reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. John Davidson
    August 26, 2015

    Dear sir/Madam,

    My partner and I have lived together for 28 years without getting married, Does the 800,000 THB security cover both of us or is a second 800,000 THB required for each of us? Also the income, does this double?

    John Davidson

    • August 26, 2015

      Hi John!

      The financial requirement in applying for a visa to Thailand must be met by each individual applicant. If your wife is below 50 years of age, she may apply as your dependent instead, and she will not be required to show 800,000 baht in her own Thai bank account or declare her income. But if she is at least 50 years old during time of her application, then she will need to provide the same set of documents that will be required from you including proof of sufficient finances.