(Updated last March 16, 2020)
Note: Thailand has temporarily suspended the grant of visa on arrival at any international airport to contain the spread of the coronavirus. The suspension will last until September 30, 2020.
Securing Visas upon entry in Thailand
The VISA ON ARRIVAL allows passport holders of 19* countries to enter Thailand under this rule provided that they meet these requirements:
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
- The passport must be genuine and should be valid for at least 30 days.
- You must have a valid address in Thailand whether a hotel or apartment that can be verified.
You must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within 15 days of entry, as appropriate. Open tickets do not qualify. Travelling overland out of Thailand by train, bus, etc to Cambodia, Laos, Malaysia (including en route to Singapore), Myanmar, etc is not accepted as proof of exiting Thailand.
You may be asked to show your flight ticket on entering Thailand. If you do not possess a flight ticket to show that you will be exiting Thailand within 15 days of entry you will be most likely refused entry.
- It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand.
- A fee of 2,000 THB is payable upon entry and is subject to change without notice. It must be paid in cash and Thai currency only.
However, persons who are not eligible to enter Thailand under the VISA ON ARRIVAL and VISA EXEMPTION RULE are advised to obtain visas with the Royal Thai Embassy prior to their visit.
* List of countries eligible for the Visa on Arrival:
| || |
Note: If your country of nationality is not on the list, please check here:
List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival:
- Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Don Muang International Airport, Bangkok
- Chiangmai International Airport, Chiangmai
- Phuket International Airport, Phuket
- Hatyai International Airport, Songkhla
- U Tapao Airport, Rayong
- Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai
- Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala
- Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Samui Airport, Surat Thani
- Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
- Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
- Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
- Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint, Rayong
- Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
- Samui Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani
- Phuket Immigration Checkpoint, Phuket
- Satun Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
- Krabi Immigration Checkpoint, Krabi
- Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint, Songkhla
- Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
- Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Surat Thani