- The Test and Go and Sandbox programs have been removed and travelers may now enter under the No Quarantine program with fewer requirements.
- For up-to-date information and weekly updates regarding current Thailand travel restrictions, please visit the Weekly Updates for Thailand Travel Restrictions.
- Starting May 1, 2022, Thailand will have new entry requirements. To learn more about the new entry requirements, please visit: Thailand Travel Restrictions for May 1.
- YouTube Video showing you how to apply for the Thai Pass:
Instructional Video for Thailand Pass Application
- For the Best COVID Insurance for Thailand Pass, we recommend AXA Thailand.
- To book your hotel in Thailand, we recommend Agoda.com
- Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
Note: This page may no longer be relevant so please head to this page for the latest Thailand Travel Restrictions.
The information highlighted in this article serves as an easy-to-follow guide on how to enter Thailand without quarantine.
Easy Steps on How to Enter Thailand under Samui Plus Sandbox Program:
1. Check Your Eligibility
- Foreign travelers must travel from any country.
- Thai nationals and foreign expatriates returning to Thailand, it is not necessary to have stayed in the country for 21 days before travel.
- Foreign and Thai travelers must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 with a vaccine registered with the Ministry of Public Health (MoPH) or approved by the World Health Organization (WHO) no less than 14 days before the travel date, and must have a vaccine certificate or card to verify their vaccination;
- Unvaccinated children under 18 years of age traveling with fully vaccinated parents or guardians are required to take a COVID-19 test within 72 hours before traveling to Thailand in lieu of the COVID 19 vaccination.
As of January 11, 2022 the Samui Plus Sandbox Program is available to traveler from any country in the world.
Do you need a Thai Visa?
The foreigner may enter without a visa (depending on your nationality) or you must determine the appropriate visa to enter Thailand. Here are the most common types of visas you may obtain:
- Visa Exemption (for visiting Thailand for tourism purposes not longer than 30 days)
- Visa on Arrival (for selected countries)
- Tourist Visa (for visiting Thailand not longer than 60 days)
- Special Tourist Visa or STV
- Non-Immigrant Visa (for visiting Thailand based on the different purpose of stay and the visa is valid for 90 days and it can be extended in Thailand up to 1 year
- Thai Visas with Re-entry Permit
- Thailand Elite Visa
2. Book your Flight, COVID 19 Insurance and Samui Extra Plus or SHA+ Hotels
Book your Flight to Thailand
You can fly to Samui on a direct international flight or international flight via Bangkok and be connected with approved sealed flights as details below.
For the flight via Bangkok, the ticket must be issued on the same booking with an international flight in conjunction with such approved Bangkok-Samui-Bangkok flights. Any flight reservations booked separately will not be allowed.
Bangkok Airways Flights: PG5125, PG5151 and PG5171
Book your Samui Plus Hotels
Despite the fact that there will be no quarantine requirements, all travelers will continue to be restricted to stay at some accommodations.
- For travelers who wish to visit Samui only, no minimum stay is required but they must leave Samui (Thailand) for another country on or before the intended departure date;
- For travelers who wish to continue the journey to other Thai destinations, they must stay in Samui for 7 nights and thereafter will be allowed to travel to other parts of Thailand.
Samui Extra Plus or SHA+ Hotels (Day 1-7) in Samui, Koh Phang Ngan or Koh Tao
Travelers will be allowed to travel freely around Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Koh Tao but you will have to stay at an accommodation with a SHA+ certificate, which is issued by the Thai government for safety and health measures standards. You will need to stay at SHA Plus hotel for no less than 7 nights and the hotel(s) will need to be pre-booked in advance.
Purchase your COVID 19 Insurance
You’ll need to secure COVID-19 Insurance that meets the requirements of the Thai authorities such as:
- Coverage of at least USD $10,000 for medical expenses due to injury or sickness including COVID-19
- The insurance policy must cover the length of your stay in Thailand. It can be 10, 20 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 6 months, or even 12 months.
To purchase the correct COVID Insurance and receive the certificate within minutes, please check this page: https://www.siam-legal.com/axa-insurance
3. Apply for the Thailand Pass
All travelers must apply for the Thailand Pass at least 5 to 7 working days prior to the intended date of arrival.
To apply for the Thailand Pass, please visit https://tp.consular.go.th/ and register by filling in your personal details on the Thailand Pass registration page and upload supporting documents such as a copy of passport, copy of the valid visa, and COVID-19 travel insurance.
4. Obtain COVID-19 Test
After receiving your Thailand Pass, you must obtain the Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by the RT-PCR method, conducted within 72 hours before departure. Some airlines do not accept home kit tests so please check specific requirements with the airlines you are traveling with.
5. Prepare your documents before departure
You should print and present these documents to your airline before departure:
- Thailand Pass
- Valid visa in your passport (if needed)
- Vaccination Record/Certificate/Card
- Printed Medical Certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID -19 is not detected. The COVID test must be by the RT-PCR method, within 72 hours before departure.
- COVID 19 travel insurance certificate
- Confirmation Letter of Samui Extra Plus or SHA+ Hotel booking
- Confirmed of travel itinerary
- Receipt of prepaid COVID 19 RT-PCR tests in Samui
Siam Legal Visa and COE Application Assistance
Samui Sandbox Package 1: 200 USD
- Unlimited Online Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (non-immigrant O visa and tourist visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks process
- Available in the US, UK and Canada Only
Samui Sandbox Package 2: 100 USD
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days process
- Available in eligible countries only