This Weekly Update was originally posted on February 11, 2022. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
Thailand Pass: Guide for Test and Go Registration
1. Processing Time
The processing time for Thailand Pass is 3-7 days. Travelers are advised to plan ahead and submit the registration for the Thailand Pass at least 7 days prior to departure.
2. Documents Required for Registration
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Thailand Pass Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD for medical expenses including COVID-19 (not required for Thai nationals and foreigners under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage)
- Paid Reservation Confirmation from SHA Extra+ or AQ Hotel for 2 nights (Day 1 and Day 5)
*Day 1 hotel reservation and fee for the first RT-PCR test and airport transfer
*Day 5 hotel reservation and fee for the second RT-PCR test
*Travelers arriving in Phuket may book the RT-PCR tests at www.thailandpsas.com
3. All Countries are Eligible
Fully vaccinated travelers from all countries and territories are eligible to register under the Test and Go Program.
4. Approval Process
- Upon submission of your Thailand Pass application, the staff of your booked hotel will authenticate the reservation (room for Day 1 and Day 5, airport transfer, and 2 RT-PCR tests)
- The hotel will reject any incomplete or non-compliance documentation and a notification email will be sent to you by the Thailand Pass system to resubmit the application with additional documents. Any rejected application at this stage must contact the hotel immediately.
- It is highly recommended that travelers book their hotel accommodation directly with the hotel to expedite the authentication process by hotels. You must also make sure that you have booked the correct Test and Go Package with the hotel or with Agoda.com. We recommend using Agoda.com for your hotel booking due to ease of changes and cancellation.
- Once verified or approved by the hotel, your Thailand Pass application will be sent to the Department of Disease Control (DDC) for further consideration (to check the Vaccine Certificate and COVID Insurance). If approved by the DDC, the Thailand Pass will be issued and the Thailand Pass QR code will be sent through email within 7 days.
5. Contact Information for Thailand Pass Inquiries
For General Inquiries:
Phone: +66 2 572 8442
Email: [email protected]
Best COVID Insurance for Thailand Pass
Siam Legal has received reports from potential clients that some hospitals are creating difficulties for them until full payment is made for their medical expenses. Also, foreigners have allegedly been threatened with lawsuits for not settling their medical bills before being discharged. Using out-of-country policies can be problematic. We firmly recommend using insurance carriers headquartered inside Thailand with proper coverage to avoid any undesirable outcomes.
Siam Legal International, a premier law firm in Thailand, strongly recommends purchasing the proper insurance and therefore endorses AXA Insurance for your travel to Thailand insurance needs.
Here are some important points you need to know before purchasing Thailand Pass Insurance.
- Please carefully review the details of any insurance before purchasing to understand if the policy has adequate coverage. Cheap policies with inadequate levels of cover can lead to significant personal liability and scenarios where policyholders incur hundreds of thousands of baht in out-of-pocket medical expenses are not uncommon. There are significant financial risks to being underinsured during your stay in Thailand.
- Those policies do not cover medical costs from accidents (like motorcycle accidents) or common unexpected illnesses (common fever or food poisoning). Simply pay a few baht more for the peace of mind that comes from having proper coverage.
- AXA covers medical expenses (outpatient and inpatient) due to accidents and illnesses, including COVID-19. Other insurance coverage might not.
- AXA also covers telemedicine and teleconsultation which may be required during the quarantine period of any traveler.
Thai hospital staff are familiar with AXA coverage which should prevent any inconvenience during hospital admission or medical treatment from your hotel room. AXA Thailand also offers 24/7 local support during your stay in Thailand.
You can purchase your COVID-19 Thailand Pass insurance today at the link below.
Test and Go Hotels in Bangkok
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Hotel Clover Asok
- Grace Hotel Bangkok
- Park Plaza Sukhumvit 18
- Carlton Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri
- Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Grand Hyatt Erawan
- The Landmark Bangkok
- The Peninsula Bangkok
Test and Go Hotels in Pattaya
- Tropicana Hotel
- Citrus Grande Hotel Pattaya
- Hotel J Residence
- Oakwood Hotel Sriracha
- The Green Park Resort
- Sunshine Hip Hotel
- The Beverly Hotel
- Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
- Siam Bayshore Resort
- J Inspired Hotel Pattaya
- Aster Hotel and Residence
- Hotel Amber Pattaya
Test and Go Hotels in Phuket
- IBIS Phuket Patong Hotel
- Burasari Phuket
- Andamantra Resort & Villa
- Hotel Clover Patong Phuket
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- The Sea Galleri By Katathani
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa
- Courtyard by Marriott Phuket Town
- The Naka Phuket Villa
- Sri Panwa Phuket
- The Nai Harn
Test and Go Hotels in Samui
- Chaweng Villawee Hotel
- The Lamai Samui
- Chaweng Noi Pool Villa
- Amari Koh Samui
- OZO Chaweng Samui
- First Bungalow Beach Resort
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
- Prana Resorts Samui
- Melati Beach Resort
- Pattra Vill Resort
- Bo Phut Resort & Spa
- Coral Cliff Beach Resort
Test and Go Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Thantara Resort Chiang Mai
- Vista Hotel Chiang Mai
- 137 Pillars House
- De Charme Hotel
- Green Lake Resort
- The Chiang Mai Riverside
- De Lanna Hotel
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Rendezvous Classic House
- Veranda High Resort
- Ibis Styles Chiang Mai
- U Chiang Mai
Apply for Thailand Pass
The Thailand Pass is required for both Thai and foreign nationals to enter Thailand. It is free-of-charge to obtain a Thailand Pass.
Travelers must also be aware that proper preparation is the key to the approval of their Thailand Pass application. Please do your application at least 1 to 3 weeks before your departure date. Don’t leave it for the last minute.
In case you are experiencing difficulty with the Thailand Pass system, you could also avail the professional services of Siam Legal International, a law firm in Thailand that will help you in your Thailand Pass registration and therefore make it easy for you to get to the Land of Smiles.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks process
- Our offer is available in the US, UK and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days processing time
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
- For Test & Go, Sandbox, and Quarantine programs
For the latest information, weekly updates, and guide about How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here: