If you intend to retire in Thailand or perhaps visit as a tourist, opening a Thai online bank account is a must. It will be much simpler for you to handle your retirement savings from abroad or receive money to pay for your travel expenses. The good news is that it’s fairly simple to locate the ideal bank or perhaps bank branch, and it’s also not too difficult to open a Thai bank account online. However, you’ll inevitably run into some obstacles if you don’t have the right documents and don’t know the fundamentals of opening a bank account in Thailand.
Usually, banks in Thailand require too much documentation for a foreigner who wishes to open a bank account in Thailand. Siam Legal makes it easier for you, by providing assistance in opening a bank account in Thailand.
Types of Bank Accounts available for Foreigners to open in Thailand
You may open one of the following bank accounts, depending on the type of visa you are holding:
- Current accounts
- Savings accounts
- Fixed-term accounts
- Foreign currency accounts
The savings account is the only type of bank account available for tourists. It typically comes with a passbook and is equivalent to a current account. Debit cards are also available, however, there will be an annual fee.
- Able to open a savings account with Bangkok Bank
- You will receive a bank book and a debit/ATM card
- The use of online banking is subject to approval by the bank manager. Tourists will be required to purchase insurance at the bank to activate the online banking.
- Foreigners who are currently on short-stay visa
- Foreigners who are currently in Thailand on a long-stay visa such as non-immigrant visa
- Work permit and immigrant residence certificate are not required
Siam Legal provides you with a guarantee letter and will personally assist you to the bank to ensure a fast-track, convenient process.
Must be physically in Thailand. We will assist you personally with a Thai bank. This includes applicants located in Bangkok and Chiang Mai. For those living in areas not mentioned above, you have to travel to the nearest location where you currently are.
Our service fee is 5,000 THB + 7% VAT for opening a local Thai savings account.
If you are currently in Bangkok, we provide free consultation on any Thai visa-related inquiries.