The British Embassy in Bangkok does not directly facilitate the visa application in Thailand. The VFS UK Thailand visa application center in Bangkok accepts applications for all visa categories and is officially authorized by the UK Visa and Immigration.
What is VFS UK Thailand?
The UK VFS in Thailand is a third party company that collaborates with UK Visas and Immigration to offer support for anyone who wishes to apply for a UK Visa so they can enter the UK. Therefore, the company, VFS Global, oversees and facilitates visa application centers that process the UK visa in Thailand. The process entails submitting a completed visa application form along with biometric data and supporting paperwork.
UK Visa Types Processed at VFS UK
UK Visit Visa
A UK Tourist Visa for the purpose of visiting the UK for tourism or leisure – no more than 6 months. This visa is also applicable to British nationals who would like their Thai girlfriend to visit the UK to meet them and their family.
UK Settlement Visa
A UK Fiance Visa for the purpose of getting married to the British fiancée within 6 months of their entry into the United Kingdom.
A UK Spouse Visa that allows a legal spouse or unmarried partner of UK citizens or permanent residents (mainly those with indefinite leave to remain) to immigrate to the UK.
The other visa types that the VFS UK in Thailand include are the business visa, work visa, and the student visas.
UK Visa Applications are Processed by VFS Thailand
If you wish to apply for a UK Visa in Bangkok Thailand, you need to understand the process as visa applications are submitted first to VFS. It helps to retain professional assistance from an immigration consultant so you can ensure a successful outcome. The following information will give you more details on how a UK visa is processed using this type of resource.
No doubt about it – the UK is one of the most popular places to visit in Europe. Therefore, it pays to know how to apply for a UK visa in Thailand. What makes the UK a prime travel destination is the country’s proximity to the Schengen region. The proximity of the UK to this region opens up a variety of tourism opportunities for anyone who loves travel. You can combine your UK travels with visits to cities in Europe, as well, all of which makes getting a visa an important, if not essential, task.
Visa Processing Services
The UK VFS Thailand visa processing makes it possible for UK visa applicants to use one of several services – services that make getting a visa quick and simple. Some of these services include the following:
- An application and document review during the application submission
- Priority visa services, so you can get a visa without any delay
- Premium lounges allow you to wait comfortably during the application process
When you go through VFS Thai processing, the approval of the visa will be made by the UK Visas and Immigration staff. Therefore, VFS Thai processing is not part of the decision-making process. Neither does the use of VFS processing influence the ultimate outcome. VFS Thai and Global services can only ensure that your application form is properly completed and submitted.
What Is Biometric Data?
Biometric data is used to identify visa holders. This data may be accessed through an applicant’s fingerprints, photo, or by physiological recognition. Fingerprint scanning is the most common form of identification along with photos. Both facial recognition and iris scans are also used for security purposes. After submitting your visa application online, the UK visa applicant will be required to visit the VFS to capture the biometric data. Without biometric information, your visa application will not be processed.
Do You Need a Super Priority or Priority Visa?
In some cases, people need to get a UK visa on short notice. If you happen to fall into this category, you can take advantage of the Super Priority and Priority visa services offered by VFS Thailand. These options make it possible for people to travel due to an emergency or urgent business. If you apply for a priority UK Visa, the processing through VFS Thailand normally takes from 3 to 5 days while Super Priority applicants can get their UK visa in one day. The requirements for a Super Priority Visa’s application varies by VFS location.
Does the UK VFS keep your passport?
Yes, the UK VFS Thailand will keep your passport for the duration of the visa application. Should the applicant opt to keep your passport, the VFS Thailand offers the “Keep My Passport When Applying” service. This service is directed to travelers who wish to apply for several visas for other countries, such as the UK and Schengen combination or want to travel for a short time while waiting on the processing for their UK visa.
Keeping your passport while applying is possible through VFS Thailand processing. In fact, you can hold onto your passport while awaiting a decision from the UK embassy. After a decision is made, you will be contacted to complete the embassy process. At the VFS Thailand center, the application centers for UK and Schengen countries usually are located adjacent to one another. This allows visa applicants to follow the formalities of several countries, along with their UK visa guidelines, in one day.
Things to remember when applying for the UK Visa at VFS
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your appointment time.
- You must attend the appointment for your visa application. You cannot send someone on your behalf.
- Please bring your valid passport or travel document with at least one page that is blank on both sides.
- The digital fingerprint scanner uses no inks, liquids, or chemicals and will not mark your skin. Ensure your fingertips are free from any forms of decoration, cuts, abrasions, or other markings as these may affect your ability to provide acceptable finger scans.
- Your digital photograph must be taken with full face and without sunglasses or tinted spectacles, or head covering unless it is worn for religious or medical reasons. Your face should be clearly visible with no hair across the eyes.
- If you are applying for a visa on behalf of a child under 5 years old, the child must also attend an appointment and have their digital photograph taken, but they don’t have to provide their fingerprint information.
- Children under 18 years old need to be accompanied by an adult and this cannot be a member of UK VFS Thailand staff.
- If you applied for the visa online you can upload your documents yourself when you book your appointment, or bring your supporting documents and use the Document Scanning Assistance service at the VFS.
Where is VFS Thailand?
The VFS Thailand is located at Trendy Building 28th Floor, 10 Sukhumvit 13, Khlong Toei, Bangkok 10110 Thailand.
Hiring a UK Visa Consultant
Before you submit your UK Visa application, you may contact an immigration specialist to seek professional advice regarding the proper submission of a UK Visa application Thailand. While you can easily use VFS Thailand services for processing, you still don’t want to fall short of filling out your paperwork correctly. It is always good to have another set of eyes to review what you are submitting. That way, you can make the visa application more streamlined and hassle-free and you will definitely have a higher chance of a successful visa application.
You may contact Siam Legal through their LINE and WhatsApp