Thailand Privilege Company (TPC), formerly known as Thailand Elite, underwent a rebranding process and introduced brand new membership options as upgraded substitutes for the previous Thailand Elite Visa offerings.
The third membership option is DIAMOND Membership, targeted at retirees and expats who already love the Land of Smiles, and want to stay in Thailand long term. It offers a 15-year visa at 2,500,000 THB.
TPC has simplified its membership options, phasing out eight Elite Visas and offering four new ‘Thailand Privilege Card’ packages, including the DIAMOND Membership. These packages focus on providing you with more choices and tailored privileges for various lifestyles.
Overview of the DIAMOND Membership
- Validity: 15 Years
- Price: THB 2,500,000
- Points: 55
Thailand Privilege members can stay in Thailand without the need to leave the country every 90 days or go on visa runs, as required by other visa categories. Similar to the previous Thai Elite Visa, Thailand Privilege will assist members with the 90-day reporting process.
- 15-year visa validity
- More ‘Privilege Points’ for you to redeem benefits.
- 365 days for Personal Accident Insurance
- Free 4 visits to co-working space without redeeming points.
The DIAMOND Visa membership is a multi-entry visa, so you can enter and leave the Land of Smiles as many times as you wish.
In addition, you can include family members such as your significant other, parents, siblings, or children with the Diamond Membership for an additional cost of THB 1,500,000 per person.
Thailand Privilege has decided to implement a ‘Point System’ instead of fixed benefits for different memberships. The points must be used within 1 year, and it won’t be carried over to the next year. Members will be able to redeem points for their desired benefits, such as:
- Airport Lounge
- Annual Health Check
- And MORE
What are the Benefits of the DIAMOND Membership?
- Multiple Entry to Thailand
- Unlimited access to an Elite Personal Assistant (EPA).
- Unlimited access to Premium Lane for immigration fast-tracking (Suvarnabhumi, Chiang Mai, Phuket).
- Investment and Wealth Advisory
- Member Contact Centre (MCC)
- Annual health checkups (once per membership validity)
- One night stay at Anantara Vacation Club (during 1st year of membership only) in Thailand
- Receive a birthday gift from Thailand Privilege
- Unlimited buy-1-get-1-free movie tickets in Thailand
- Once a month buy-1-get-1-free meals at Mos Burger chains in Thailand
- Personal Accident Insurance (180 days, during 1st year of membership only)
- Premium Lounge, parking privileges, and shopping assistant (via appointment)
- Access to co-working spaces in Thailand
- Golf and spa privileges.
- Restaurant and Store discounts
- And other privileges to tune up your experience in Thailand, provided you have enough points on hand to spend.
Applying for your DIAMOND Membership
You can apply for the DIAMOND membership from October 1, 2023 and beyond. You don’t have to be in Thailand to apply as you can be anywhere in the world to do so. The application process will be very similar to the previous Thailand Elite.
Here is a how-to to apply for your DIAMOND membership:
You will need the following documents to apply:
- Signed application
- Signed PDPA form
- Color copy of your passport
- Photo of yourself in front of a white background
When you submit your application, a background check will be conducted and you must meet the following criteria:
- Not having been adjudicated bankrupt
- Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any country except for an offense committed to negligence
- Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence
Payment of Membership
After passing the background check, and being approved, you will get a Welcome Letter from Thailand Privilege. It will tell you the next steps, the benefits of the DIAMOND membership, and how to pay.
There are several ways you can pay, and they include the following:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
Getting the Visa
Members have a few ways to get their visa affixed to their passport, which we will explain below.
1. Upon Arrival
When you arrive in Thailand, you will be able to receive the visa stamp at one of the following airports:
- Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
- Phuket International School
- Chiang Mai International Airport
2. Thai Embassy or Consulate
You can get your Thailand Privilege Visa by contacting the Thai Embassy or Consulate in your home country. You will get the stamp fixed on your passport there.
3. Immigration Office
If you are already in Thailand, you can get the visa at the Immigration Bureau in Bangkok. You are able to book an appointment with the Thailand Elite office or with a certified Thailand Elite agent if you need any assistance.
Additional Considerations and Restrictions
Working in Thailand
Thailand Privilege Visas, including the DIAMOND membership, are classified as a Tourist Visa. You won’t be allowed to work in Thailand, however, if you are a digital nomad or someone working for an overseas company, that is fine.
To work or earn an income in Thailand, you must have a valid work permit. This permit is not available with a Thai Elite visa. If you want to get a job or start a business in Thailand, you should contact your Thai Privilege agent to explore the many options for obtaining a work permit.
Not every country can apply for a Thai Privilege DIAMOND Membership. Citizens from the following countries CANNOT APPLY:
- Asia: North Korea, Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri Lanka
- Africa: Central Africa, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sao Tome, Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Sudan.
- Middle East: Algeria, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Syria, and Yemen
Contact an Agent Today
If you have any questions, concerns, or need help applying for a DIAMOND Membership, it’s recommended that you get in touch with an agent such as Siam Legal, or fill out the inquiry form on the right side.