All You Need To Know About Thai Immigration Forms

Immigration in Thailand

Whether you are a visitor or a long time resident of Thailand; whether you are just entering the country or filing for an extension, you must have encountered filling out one of the many Thai immigration forms.

Here are some of the most common Thai immigration forms and the things you need to know about these forms.

TM6 (Arrival/Departure Card)

TM6 Departure Card

  • Every foreigner entering Thailand is required to fill out the arrival card or what is called TM6.
  • This form is divided into 2 parts: arrival and departure sections.
  • When arriving at the airport you will find this form, in English and other languages.
  • If you are a short term visitor or tourist you need to fill out both arrival and departure sections of the form.
  • Make sure to provide the visa number if you have a Thai visa in your passport or re-entry permit number if you have a valid re-entry permit. For those entering on the visa exemption stamp, you may leave it blank.
  • Make sure to provide your hotel address or your address in Thailand as well as your contact number. Fill out the form in advance or you may request your airline staff for this form.
  • TM6 card (departure section) is one of the main requirements in extending your permit to stay or in changing your visa status in Thailand, so it is important to keep it in your passport or keep it in a safe place.
  • In case of losing the TM6, you may report to the local immigration office and ask for a replacement.
  • The TM6 number is required when extending or changing your visa within Thailand.

TM88 (Application for Visa on Arrival)

TM88 Visa on Arrival Form

  • Foreigners entering Thailand who wish to obtain a visa on arrival valid for 15 days permit to stay should fill out the TM88 form.
  • The foreigners eligible to obtain a visa on arrival are on this list:
  • It is important to provide the address in Thailand when filling out this form.
  • This form can be downloaded online or it can be obtained at visa on arrival kiosks at the airport
  • For Chinese nationals, there is an available Chinese version of this form.
  • The filing of a visa on arrival is free of charge until April 30, 2020. See this article:

TM86 (Application for Change of Visa)

TM86 Application for Change of Visa

  • Foreigners who are currently on a tourist visa (TR) issued by a Thai embassy may change their visa status into a non-immigrant visa such as based on Thai wife or retirement, at the local immigration office in Thailand.
  • The applicant should use the TM86 form in doing the change of visa.
  • The applicant who wishes to apply for the change of visa status must have at least 15 days remaining in his or her current permit to stay.
  • The application fee is 2,000 THB.

TM87 (Application for Visa)

TM87 Application for Visa

  • Foreigners who are currently staying in Thailand under the visa exemption stamp (30 days) may actually apply for a visa inside Thailand.
  • It is applicable for non-immigrant B, O, ED and F categories.
  • Application for the visa is common for those who were able to find employment during their 30-day stay.
  • If the applicant is above 50 years old or married to a Thai, they are also able to apply for the nonimmigrant O visa respectively.
  • It is good to note that the applicant who wishes to apply for the visa must have at least 15 days remaining in his or her current permit to stay.
  • The application fee is 2,000 THB.

TM7 (Application for Extension of Temporary Stay in the Kingdom)

TM7 Application for Extension of Temporary Stay

  • This is probably one of the most used forms at the immigration office.
  • This form is used for any extension of permit to stay in Thailand whether for short term or long term extension.
  • This form is used when you are on a visa exemption (30 days) and a tourist visa (60 days) for an additional 30 days.
  • This is the form used when you are extending a non-immigrant B visa into a 1-year extension of stay based on employment or when you extend a non-immigrant O visa into a 1-year marriage visa or retirement visa.
  • When filling out this form, it is important to note that you can request for 7, 30, 60, 90 or 365 days extension depending on the purpose or reason of the extension.
  • Regardless of the length of the extension, the fee remains at 1,900 THB.

TM8 (Application form Re-Entry Permit into the Kingdom)

TM8 Application for Re-entry Permit

  • Foreigners holding a single entry visa are required to obtain a re-entry permit should they wish to re-enter Thailand on the same visa or permit to stay.
  • A re-entry permit is also important to those who are on a one-year extension of stay such as working visa, marriage visa or retirement visa.
  • Failure to obtain a re-entry will void the current permit to stay or extension of stay.
  • Re-entry permit or TM8 form can be filed at the local immigration office during normal business hours or at the international airport in Bangkok prior to your flight.
  • The TM8 fee is 1,000 THB for single re-entry and 3,800 THB for multiple re-entry permit.

TM47 (Form for Alien to Notify of Staying Longer than 90 days)

TM47 form for 90-day Reporting

  • Foreigners who are on an extension-of-stay such as working visa, marriage visa or retirement visa are required to notify the Immigration Office regarding their current residential address every 90 days.
  • This can be done either by mail or by personal visit to the immigration office.
  • You may also enlist the services of an agent to do this on your behalf through a Power of Attorney.
  • If the foreigner has exited Thailand before the 90-day reporting date, the foreigner doesn’t need to report to the immigration office. The new date of 90-day reporting will be reset and it will start upon the date of re-entry to Thailand.
  • This 90-day reporting is free of charge but failure to do so or late reporting may incur a penalty of 2,000 THB.

TM30 (Notification Form for House Master, or Owner of the Residence where Aliens have stayed)

TM30 Notification Form

  • The filing of this form has been required recently by the immigration office.
  • In the past, the filing of TM30 has been done by hotels.
  • Right now, every landlord or house owner needs to report every foreign that they hosted or allowed to stay in their property within 24 hours after the arrival.
  • A detailed information about this requirement can be found here:
  • The filing of TM30 can be done through a mobile app, online or in person.

TM28 (Forms for Aliens to Notify their Change of Address in a Province)

TM28 Form Notification for Change of Address

  • This form should be filed when a foreigner who currently stays in Thailand on a non-immigrant visa or an extension of stay wishes to move from one province to another.
  • This form should be filed within 24 hours together with the TM30 form.
  • It is important to file the TM28 and TM30 in your new immigration office because you need the acknowledgment form when you do the 90-day reporting and the visa renewal in the future.
  • There is no fee in filing the notification but failure to do so may incur a penalty when doing the visa renewal.


Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. John Gregory
    April 23, 2022

    You give me all the information but don’t let me get a Thailand pass or show me how to get one

  2. Babul
    April 6, 2022

    What’s the link to download TM88 form for visa on arrival?

  3. Lecelyn Solabo
    April 4, 2022

    Hello good day just want to ask if we need travel insurance just to stop over in Bangkok going to Philippines? 5 hours stop over Bangkok Suvarnabhumi intl.

  4. seervi
    April 1, 2022

    i got visa with void stamp i can travel on visa on arrival

  5. Rob
    March 23, 2022

    Hello, I will be changing my address soon.
    Will I need the TM 28 or TM 30 or both?

  6. Steve satchell
    March 15, 2022

    hi rex I’m coming to Thailand in April do I fill the tm6 form for my test and go or my hotel or other accommodation thanks steve

  7. Roy Kettle
    March 10, 2022

    Can you send me forms t6 and all other forms relevent to staying in Thailand please.
    Roy Kettle

  8. Marion Hanh Søllesvik
    March 7, 2022


    where are the forms to fill out for non-immigrant visa and work visa?


  9. Susan Papst
    March 6, 2022

    What do I click onto get Thailand Pass please.

  10. Kwan
    February 28, 2022

    Hello Rex,

    I am a visitor holding Hong Kong passport and will visit Thailand on 1st of April for 60days. May I know whether I can apply the visa extension from Thai Embassy in Hong Kong? If so, I just need to submit TM7 ?

    Or It has to done upon arrival in Thailand?

    Thank you!

  11. Tim Poulsen
    February 17, 2022

    TM6? I haven’t reserved any rooms yet & this form is filled out at the airport before entering Thailand?

    How do I get a copy of my passport & vaccination card to you?

    I need to rent a room for my first night, can that be done after I get there?

  12. Alex
    February 12, 2022

    is it possible to enter thailand on a holiday 90 visa and switch to a working visa whilst over there? how would I go about doing so

  13. John Davies
    February 8, 2022

    TM7 requires “Proof of Address” for the immigration office……what evidence do I supply? I live in my wife’s family home, I have no yellow book, no pink ID and don’t pay rent.

  14. Kay Thi Oo
    February 6, 2022

    my purpose is applying visa for to need?is it possible?Because us embassy closed at our country(Myanmar).Can I apply?
    thanks a lot.
    which visa I apply to thailand?
    please give me your advice.

  15. John Jongsma
    January 25, 2022

    Which form(s) to use to change from non immigrant B Visa to non immigrant O-A Visa?

    January 23, 2022

    I am a Japanese passport holder who wishes to enter Thailand (Samui or Phuket) under the Sandbox programme and stay in Thailand for a maximum of 30 days (probably shorter). Have Thai immigration rules changed due to COVID so that I must apply for a Thai Visa? (before COVID, I had visa free entry to Thailand, without the need to apply for a Thai visa )

  17. James Thompson
    January 10, 2022

    I hope to return to Thailand Chiang Mai on a retirement Visa after my booster shot end of February.

  18. Amanda Wareing
    January 8, 2022

    What forms do I need to fill in
    Am starting 25th January to 23rd February

  19. Kost Roman Oskar
    January 2, 2022

    2. Jan. 2022
    Good evening
    I am a Swiss foreigner with Non-Immigration 0-A Visa and two notifications.
    Expiry date visa 22. July 2022
    expiry date Notification 30. January 2022.
    Can I apply for Notification next days?

  20. Don
    December 23, 2021

    I’ve been living in Thailand for 5 years now. I am going to the U.S. next month for 30 days. Can I get my COE now, here in Thailand, prior to leaving?

  21. Eileen Graham
    December 6, 2021

    What form do I need to fill in after holiday in Thailand then returning to U.K. I am told it needs to be filled in within 48 hours of leaving

  22. Niels-Erik Bjerregaard
    November 28, 2021

    Which file names to use when uploading documents to thai pass.

  23. Colin
    November 23, 2021

    Hello Rex. My Non IM RS visa expires November 30th, I am now currently unemployed but actively looking for a job. What should I do to get a tourist visa or extension, please?

  24. Singh
    November 3, 2021

    For some reason I can’t down load or fill Thailand pass which is opened from 1st Nov ..

  25. Paolo Giovannini
    November 2, 2021

    Yesterday I began to fill the form of Thailand pass, thinking that was possible to save the work and to continue the next days. On the contrary, it was not possible to save, to print, etc. so I cannot finish, and I don’t know how to charge the form and to finish the compilation.
    Could you please tell me what I can do to have back it? Thanks

  26. Tosseroon
    October 29, 2021

    Can anyone explain how you can get a Non O visa based on retirement from visa exempt when you are required to show a return ticket within the 30 days!!!
    Or is that ignored by immigration when you submit the TM86( apply to change visa) & TM87( application for retirement visa)

  27. Mr Mark Collett
    October 23, 2021

    Thank you in advance,
    Please advise on the process of requirements regarding under 16 year olds departing UK for Thailand.

    Kind regards,

  28. taaa
    October 14, 2021

    Currently, I need to do 90 days report online but I can’t do it completely, why it be that. whoever knows please tell me

    October 10, 2021

    Can I get an electronic TM7 form somewhere?

  30. Kylah Sanchez
    August 26, 2021

    Hello! I just got here in Thailand and I will be renewing my visa on september but I lost my TM6 card and I dont know what to do. Can someone please help me? I have a student visa with me and I am really hoping for a detailed response on how much I would pay for the lost TM6 or where to get a new one and etc. Please help. Thank you

  31. kee hansson
    August 22, 2021

    what are visa run

  32. Ronald Ramirez
    May 31, 2021

    Why can’t i access the 90 day report online in NakhonPhanom. After filling out the TM47 the site tells me to contact my office in my province

    • June 1, 2021

      Dear Ronald,
      Good day.
      Perhaps the system is down and you need to report in person or ask someone to report on your behalf.
      Thank you.

  33. Ronald Ramirez
    May 29, 2021

    I have tried several times to do my 90 day report online. It tells me to check with the Immigration office in my province which is NakhonPhanom

  34. February 24, 2021

    Nice post ,it’s actually a great and useful piece of info. I’m happy that you just shared this useful info with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thank you for sharing. I have also find an article anyone can check for more information. Extending Visas and Permits

    • February 24, 2021

      Thank you very much.

  35. Andy
    December 23, 2020

    The 90 day online form requires the arrival card number. Of course, I have only the departure card since they keep the arrival card when you arrive. On the departure card, under a bar code is a 5 digit number preceded by EN. Is this the arrrival card number the form asks for?

  36. Danish
    October 5, 2020

    Dear Rex

    I arrived 22nd August in Bangkok on non immigrant b 90 day visa and did my quarantine at sc part hotel. after the quarantine period I arrived in Lampang on 10th of September and started my work with the new employer after staying at a hotel for a week I rented a permanent apartment for an annual contract on the 17th of September. As my visa now expires 6th November immigration is asking for a M28 for renewal but this is my first permanent address do i need to submit a TM28 or the landlord has to give me a TM30. If I apply for TM28 they are asking me to pay a fine. but i have not changer any permanent address as this is my first rental contract in Thailand. Please advise.

  37. Reza
    September 27, 2020

    Hi dear I was overstayed 5 years in the Thailand. i am sorry . but I like come back.i like working in temple I can come back .i am thankful for helping me.

    • September 30, 2020

      Dear Reza,
      Thailand is closed to foreigners at this time. Only special visa holders are allowed into the country. I recommend for you to visit or call the Thai Embassy in your country for more information.
      Thank you.

  38. Kirsten Durward
    August 4, 2020

    I am a bit confused

    I just transferred from a work permit to an extension of stay via retirement until June 2021, I have the exit-reentry too (although the likelihood of using that this year is certainly low) However, I do not have a permanent address. I was actually planning to travel around the country and stay in different places. But then what would I take to immigration to show my current residential address for the 90 days report? The hotel or airbnb receipt? Also now if I go to Surat Thani the hotel will file the TM30 but I no longer have my rental contract in Bangkok, so have I now moved provinces and have to register TM28?

    • August 5, 2020

      You must do the 90-day reporting at the immigration office that issued your retirement visa extension.

  39. John L
    July 9, 2020

    Can you please provide more info on how to get a replacement TM6 (Departure Card?) I lost mine immediately upon arrival in Thailand (January); I went through the whole non-O conversion process and 1-year extension without my TM6; nobody at Chaeng Wattana seemed to care.

    But now it’s time for my first 90-day extension and it seems that the TM6 is absolutely necessary. How exactly can I get a new one? Last time I was at CW I asked about it; they shrugged and said “Go to Suvarnabhumi and ask about it.” I have no idea what that even means… who would I ask?

    • July 14, 2020

      Dear John,
      Good day!
      The immigration is correct. You normally just have to ask a new TM6 card from Suvarnabhumi Airport or you just go to Chaengwattana Immigration Office and inform them that you want to make the 90-day reporting and that you have lost the TM6 card.
      Thank you.

  40. Len wells
    June 18, 2020

    Dear sir or madam
    I have lived in Thailand since 2017 I have been married to my Thai wife since 2017.i was on a retirement visa until 12th December 2019 and immigration gave me a visit wife visa which expired 23/03/2019 .they did not give me a examption visa until 25/03/2019 .and now told because I have 2 days over stay I have to leave Thailand and return .my question is how can I stay in Thailand and get a visa .marriage with out leaving Thailand we are building a house my wife is 4 months pregnant .I have 400,000 bathe in a Thai bank .because of vivid 19 if I have to leave Thailand this will course great stress for my Thai wife as I will not be here to help and support her or be here when our child is born .I humbly please ask you for special consideration under the surcomstances regards Len wells

    • June 18, 2020

      Dear Len,
      As advised by your local immigration office, they can no longer change your visa since you are currently on the visa amnesty. This would mean you must leave Thailand on or before July 31 and apply for the non-immigrant O visa from the Thai embassy abroad. Hopefully the visa amnesty will be extended because there is no indication that Laos or Malaysia are opening their borders.