This Weekly Update was originally posted on May 6, 2022. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
Thailand Travel Updates as of May 6, 2022
- For up-to-date information and weekly updates regarding current Thailand travel restrictions, please visit the Weekly Updates for Thailand Travel Restrictions.
- Starting May 1, 2022, Thailand has new entry requirements. To learn more about the new entry requirements, please visit: Thailand Travel Restrictions for May 1.
- YouTube Video showing you how to apply for the Thai Pass:
Instructional Video for Thailand Pass Application
- Before you apply for Thailand Pass, we highly recommend purchasing your COVID travel Insurance and book your hotel stay:
- Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions, get help and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
Summary of Entry Requirements to Thailand
3 Easy Steps in Applying for Thailand Pass
Thailand has recently made it easier for travelers, both Thais and foreigners to enter Thailand under the relaxed entry requirements, whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. In this newsletter, you will learn about the 3 Easy Steps in Applying for a Thailand Pass.
1. Prepare your Passport and Vaccination Document
You must scan your passport or take a photo of your passport profile page similar to this example:
For vaccinated travelers entering under the No Quarantine program, you must prepare your vaccination certificate or card. The file must be in JPG, JPEG, or PNG.
For unvaccinated travelers who would like to enter Thailand under the No Quarantine program, instead of submitting a vaccination certificate or card, you must submit a negative result of RT PCR COVID-19 test issued within 72 hours before traveling to Thailand.
2. Book Your Flight, Hotel, and COVID Insurance
Flight to Thailand
The next step of the process is to book your flight to Thailand. Although it is not required to submit a proof of flight booking, the Thailand Pass system will require the following information of your flight:
- Country of Departure
- Date of Arrival in Thailand
- Flight Number
- Estimated Exit Date from Thailand
Hotel in Thailand
The Thailand Pass system does not require travelers to provide a hotel booking as well. However, you will be required to provide an address in Thailand. If you will be staying in private accommodation you may provide the address.
For travelers staying in a hotel, we highly recommend using Agoda.com when booking your hotel:
- Bangkok Hotels: https://www.agoda.com/search?cid=1897011&city=9395
- Phuket Hotels: https://www.agoda.com/search?cid=1897011&city=16056
- Pattaya Hotels: https://www.agoda.com/search?cid=1897011&city=8584
- Chiang Mai Hotels: https://www.agoda.com/search?cid=1897011&city=7401
Foreign travelers are required to submit proof of COVID 19 Insurance with minimum medical coverage of 10,000 USD. We highly recommend the best COVID 19 insurance for Thailand which is AXA Thailand. Some cheaper insurance providers have a 7 or 14 days waiting period, so beware of these insurance providers.
To purchase the AXA Thailand Insurance, you can visit: www.siam-legal.com/axa-insurance
Here is an example of an Insurance Certificate that you need for your Thailand Pass:
3. Apply for Thailand Pass Online
To apply for Thailand Pass, you may visit: https://tp.consular.go.th/
Application for Thailand Pass is free-of-charge and there is no need to hire an agent to apply on your behalf. The application for Thailand Pass may take up to 48 hours so it is advisable to apply ahead of time.
In case you are experiencing difficulty with the Thailand Pass system, you could also avail the professional services of Siam Legal International, a law firm in Thailand that will help you in your Thailand Pass application and therefore make it easy for you to get Thailand.
Frequently Ask Questions
When should I apply for a Thailand Pass?
You must apply for a Thailand Pass no less than 2 days before you travel to allow enough time for processing and approval. Please note there is no definite approval time frame. Visitors have noted approval in hours, while other visitors have passed the 2-day period because of incomplete or incorrect documents. You can apply for Thailand Pass once you have confirmed all documents and dates.
Can I submit a single application for my entire family or group if we are traveling as a family or group?
No. All travelers, except children under the age of 18, must apply for Thailand Pass individually. Children under the age of 18 do not need to register for the Thailand Pass. Parents will add their children’s information to their Thailand Pass registration under the ‘Personal Information’ section.
My children are unvaccinated; will they be allowed to enter Thailand under the same scheme as their parents?
Children under the age of 18 are not required to be vaccinated and shall be allowed to enter Thailand under the same scheme as their parents. Parents must add their children’s information to their Thailand Pass registration under the ‘Personal Information’ section.
What do I do once the Thai Pass is approved?
Once your Thailand Pass is approved, you will receive an email with your Thailand Pass QR code, ID number, and further details. Compile your travel documents to be presented on arrival. It is recommended that you print a copy of all documents in case a document is kept by an airport officer.
Is it possible to change my travel date after registering and receiving my QR code?
Yes. If your travel dates change by less than 7 days either before or after the original travel date, you can use your existing Thailand Pass. If your new travel date is more than 7 days, you will need to apply for a new Thailand Pass. Please note that your edited application will be subjected to and undergo the review process cycle all over again.
Entry Measures for Arriving in Bangkok
For travelers arriving at Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport, here is a summary of entry measures for both No Quarantine and Quarantine programs:
No Quarantine program for the fully vaccinated travelers and unvaccinated travelers with RT PCR test results (instead of vaccination certificate). Unvaccinated children traveling with a fully vaccinated parent are not required to have an RT PCR test even if they are unvaccinated.
Quarantine program for the unvaccinated and partially vaccinated travelers who opted to undergo a mandatory quarantine of 5 days.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks process
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days processing time
- Available in eligible countries only
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
- For Test & Go, Sandbox, and Quarantine programs
For the latest information, weekly updates, and guide on How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here: