This Weekly Update was originally posted on April 29, 2022. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
Thailand Travel Updates for May 1, 2022
Thailand is easing its entry requirements and Thailand Pass process from the 1st of May, 2022.
How a traveler enters Thailand will depend on their vaccination status.
What is changing?
There are 4 major changes:
- The Test & Go and Sandbox schemes are being removed for vaccinated travelers. It has been replaced with the No Quarantine program.
- RT-PCR testing is no longer required when entering Thailand.
- COVID-19 insurance is reduced from $20,000 USD to $10,000 USD
- Unvaccinated travelers can enter Thailand by 5-day Alternate Quarantine or a No Quarantine program if they have a pre-departure RT-PCR test.
What is staying the same?
- All visitors must have an approved Thailand Pass to enter Thailand.
- All visitors need a COVID-19 insurance policy for the duration of their stay.
Vaccinated travelers will apply for a Thailand Pass and include:
- Passport profile page
- Flight itinerary to confirm the arrival date
- A certificate of full (2 doses) vaccination
- A COVID-19 insurance policy with USD$10,000 minimum coverage
Unvaccinated travelers will apply for a Thailand Pass and include:
- Passport profile page
- Flight itinerary to confirm arrival date in Thailand
- A COVID-19 insurance policy with USD$ 10,000 minimum coverage
- Alternate Quarantine hotel booking for 5 nights (Quarantine program), OR
- An RT-PCR test result no older than 72 hours before the departure date (No Quarantine) in lieu of a vaccination certificate
Changes for children under the age of 18:
- Can be added to a parent or guardians Thailand Pass and will enter Thailand under the same method as the parent.
- Do not need to be vaccinated.
- Do not have to do a pre-departure COVID-19 test or test on arrival.
Travelers may join the conversation in our Facebook Group to ask questions and read the latest developments.
Step-by-Step Guide for Thailand Pass Application
Thailand has recently reopened the country to travelers, both Thais and foreigners whether vaccinated or unvaccinated. In this newsletter, you will learn about the Step-by-Step Process in Applying for a Thailand Pass.
Step 1: Visit the official Thailand Pass website
You may go to the official website: https://tp.consular.go.th/
Once there, you may choose the option of Non-Thai Nationals or Thai Nationals.
After that you will be directed to a page where you can choose the entry program:
No Quarantine program for fully vaccinated travelers entering any international airport in Thailand or unvaccinated who have RT PCR test results. Unvaccinated children below 18 years old must be added to their parent’s application.
Alternative Quarantine program for partially vaccinated and unvaccinated travelers who will undergo mandatory quarantine
Step 2: Details of your Arrival
In this part, you will provide the purpose of travel to Thailand whether for tourism or if you are a returning resident.
You will also provide your country of departure, airport of arrival, flight number, date of arrival, and proposed exit date from Thailand.
Step 3. Provide your Personal Information
In this part, you will provide your full name as stated in your passport or travel document, nationality, passport number, date of birth, and email address. Please make sure that you check the correct spelling of your personal information before you proceed to the next step. It is also recommended to use a GMAIL email account when applying for Thailand Pass.
Step 4. Upload Proof of Vaccination or RT PCR Test
In this part, you will provide your vaccination information. You will provide the name or brand of your vaccination and also the date of vaccination. You will be able to upload a JPG or PNG file of your proof of vaccination.
For faster processing of your Thailand Pass, it is recommended to also upload the QR code of your vaccination document if it is available.
Note: If you are applying under the No Quarantine Program and you are not fully vaccinated, you may upload a copy of your RT PCR test result in lieu of a vaccination certificate issued within 72 hours before departure.
Step 5: Provide Your Hotel Details or Address in Thailand
In this part, you will be required to provide the details of your address in Thailand or your hotel reservation.
In this part, you will also provide your address in the country of departure, your contact number, your emergency contact person, and his or her contact number.
If you are staying in a Hotel, you can also validate your reservation if you booked through Agoda.com:
Step 6: Submit your COVID 19 Insurance
In this part, you will provide the COVID 19 Insurance. You must provide the policy number, and start date of the insurance policy and upload the one page document of your certificate of insurance. Based on experience, it is recommended to use AXA Thailand Insurance as it is the best insurance provider and they will issue a one-page document written specifically for your Thailand Pass application.
Step 7: Review the Summary of your Thailand Pass Application
This is the last part of the application process. You will have a summary of your application. Please check all information that you have provided and if everything is correct, you may submit the application.
You will then receive your 6-digit access code which will appear on your screen and it will also be sent to your registered email.
How to Check the Thailand Pass Status
To check the status of your Thailand Pass application, you may go to:
If Thailand Pass status states ‘Reviewing’, it means you need to wait a day or two for a result.
If Thailand Pass status states ‘Approved’, you can download the file or save it on your mobile phone.
In case you are experiencing difficulty with the Thailand Pass system, you could also avail the professional services of Siam Legal International, a law firm in Thailand that will help you in your Thailand Pass application and therefore make it easy for you to get to the Land of Smiles.
New COVID Insurance Requirement for Thailand Pass
Starting May 1, 2022, the Thailand Pass requirement for the COVID Travel Insurance will be reduced to 10,000 USD from the previous 20,000 USD requirement. Insurance policies with 20,000 USD, 50,000 USD or 100,000 USD coverage will remain valid.
Based on experience, the common problem for Thailand Pass applications being rejected is that some insurance policies are not properly worded. Your COVID-19 insurance must expressly state that it covers up to 10,000 USD medical expenses including COVID-19 while in Thailand.
You may use your own health insurance or purchase insurance from your own country, however, it is recommended to purchase from an insurance company in Thailand such as AXA Insurance Thailand to make sure that you meet the requirement in obtaining the Thailand Pass successfully.
- Your certificate of insurance will expressly state that it covers up to 10,000 USD medical expenses including COVID-19. It will also state that the certificate is issued for the purpose of the Thailand Pass application.
- The AXA Sawasdee Thailand provides a one-page certificate of insurance which is perfect for the Thailand Pass application since the system will only allow one-page document to be uploaded.
- Your insurance letter or certificate will also contain the policy number and date of effectivity or start date.
- The AXA Insurance policy must be effective before or on the date of arrival and during your entire length of stay.
Important Notes When Buying Travel Insurance
- Avoid the insurance providers with COVID only coverage; they do not cover medical costs from accidents (like motorcycle accidents) or common unexpected illnesses (common fever or food poisoning).
- AXA Sawasdee Thailand covers medical expenses (outpatient and inpatient) due to accidents and illnesses including COVID-19.
- AXA Sawasdee Thailand also covers telemedicine and teleconsultation which may be required during the quarantine period of the patient.
To purchase AXA Thailand Insurance; the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
Book Your Thailand Hotel on Agoda.com
Recommended Hotels in Bangkok
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended Bangkok Hotels:
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok
- Park Hyatt Bangkok
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- The Landmark Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Carlton Hotel Bangkok
- The Continent Hotel Asok
- Bangkok Marriott Marquis
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Chatrium Hotel Riverside
- Shangri-La Bangkok
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- Vie Hotel Bangkok
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok
- Avani+ Riverside Bangkok
- Le Meridien Bangkok
- Lebua at State Tower
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
Recommended Hotels in Phuket
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Phuket:
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- Naina Resort and Spa
- Patong Resort Hotel
- Crest Resort and Pool Villas
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort
- Andamantra Resort and Villa Phuket
- Andakira Hotel
- Phuket Graceland Resort and Spa
- The Royal Paradise Hotel and Spa
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa
- Deevana Patong Resort and Spa
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
- Baan Yuree Resort and Spa
- The Nature Phuket
- The Blue Hotel
- Rawai Palm Beach Resort
- Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
- Navatara Phuket Resort
- Kalima Resort & Spa
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks process
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days processing time
- Available in eligible countries only
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
- For Test & Go, Sandbox, and Quarantine programs
For the latest information, weekly updates, and guide on How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here: