With COVID-19 just around the corner, countries all over the world are doing their best to execute their precautionary measures. It means that countries are stricter and more cautious of who they let into their country. It does not mean inconvenience for travelers, rather it means safety and assurance.
Thailand is one of the countries that is slowly opening up to both travelers and returning residents. Travelers are able to visit Thailand, it has almost the same process as before but with additional requirements. One of the requirements is the Certificate of Entry (COE), and COE cannot be obtained without the latest requirement that travelers need to have, and that is the COVID-19 Insurance for foreigners. To acquire this insurance, one must choose an insurance company in Thailand that would fit for you and more importantly a reliable one, and that insurance company would be AXA Sawasdee Thailand.
AXA Sawasdee Thailand
This is offered by AXA Thailand General Insurance; it is comprehensive travel insurance that includes health coverage for foreigners who are traveling to Thailand. It is made to make your preparations for traveling to the country seamless and trip worry-free from beginning to end. They offer up to THB 3.5 Million ($100,000) of medical expenses, including COVID-19 related medical expenses, which meets the Thai government’s insurance requirements for the COE.
AXA is there to support visitors whether they are here for leisure, visiting family, work, and other purposes. AXA Sawasdee Thailand is there for travelers to rely on, where they can depend on and feel secure. AXA is a travel companion for those travelers that fulfill government insurance requirements to enter the land of smiles, Thailand.
AXA is the Best COVID Insurance
There are other insurance companies that offer medical insurance to travelers, but what makes AXA stand out:
- Price. Compared to other insurance companies, it is much more affordable to avail AXA’s insurance policy. The insurance policy for 30 days costs as low as 2,700 THB.
- Top Insurance Company. According to the Office of Insurance Company, AXA is one of the top insurance companies in 2021. Did you know that the policy of AXA is solely underwritten by the company itself?
- High-Level Support. In Thailand, AXA Insurance has 19 branches that support customers in case of questions and claims.
- Refundable. If the Thai embassy or consulate rejects an application due to insurance rejection, one can get the money back.
- Cashless Claim. At hospitals, the insurance company provides cashless claims to all inpatient treatments, not just the COVID-19 type of emergency.
- Choice of Period. You have the choice to choose the length of insurance. Whether it would be 30 days, 60 days, 90 days, 180 days, 270 days, and 365 days. Unlike other insurance companies where there is only a limited choice of length of days.
Why Choose AXA Sawasdee Thailand
There are other reasons why AXA is convenient for your travels. Here are some of them:
- It meets the requirements of application for a Certificate of Entry.
- It gets an insurance policy and COVID-19 certificate by email instantly.
- It can be purchased online with a credit card.
- 24 hours hotline service.
- The policy has no waiting period and no deductible in the hotline service.
- It has a large hospital network throughout Thailand and no advance payment for hospitalization.
- It includes the 14-day Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ), also Alternative Quarantine (AQ) and the Sandbox Stay. Note that the coverage of the insurance will start after clearing immigration in Thailand.
Why is Travel Insurance Required?
There is a good reason as to why it is mandatory. One must realize that if an individual travels to other countries with no insurance and when unexpected things happen where he/she traveled, with the cost of hospital treatments and other situations that involve money, one might have problems as to where to get the financial aid to pay those expenses. Take note that some of the standard health and travel insurance do not cover anything about Covid-19. When you have the insurance when you get to Thailand, and one is tested positive for Covid-19 even with no symptoms, the insurance still covers the medical expense, not just Covid-19 type of situation but it includes accidents and any other sickness except pre-existing ones.
The insurance is to cover the cost of expenses in case something will happen to a traveler. If ever one does not have the insurance, someone else will pay that expense. Who are the ones who will pay for that expense? The Thai government. They are concerned about unpaid bills that they will pay when there is no one to pay. And it is even concerning knowing the Covid-19 cases are rising.
Purchasing Travel Insurance
The easiest way to purchase this insurance is through an online application portal. Reminder, one must purchase this insurance before you travel, you are not allowed to avail of AXA Sawasdee Thailand: Inbound Travel Insurance within Thailand. AXA Sawasdee Thailand will provide you with all the certificates of coverage to present to the authorities before you board the plane and when you arrive in Thailand. Remember that when you fill the applications needed to be filled, be sure to cover the period that you are planning to stay in Thailand.