Required Documents for Travel to Thailand
Please have the following documents ready.
- Visa (if required)
- Buy Thailand Travel Insurance
- Flight Itinerary
- Hotel Booking Confirmation or Thailand Address
Incorrect documents will delay the entry screening to Thailand.
With COVID-19 just around the corner, countries all over the world are doing their best to execute their precautionary measures. It means that countries are stricter and more cautious of who they let into their country. It does not mean inconvenience for travelers, rather it means safety and assurance.
Thailand is one of the countries that is slowly opening up to both travelers and returning residents. Travelers are able to visit Thailand, it has almost the same process as before but with additional requirements. One of the requirements is the Thailand Pass, and it cannot be obtained without the latest requirement that travelers need to have, and that is the COVID-19 Insurance for foreigners. To acquire this insurance, one must choose an insurance company in Thailand that would fit for you and more importantly a reliable one, and that insurance company would be AXA Sawasdee Thailand.
AXA Sawasdee Thailand
This is offered by AXA Thailand General Insurance; it is comprehensive travel insurance that includes health coverage for foreigners who are traveling to Thailand. It is made to make your preparations for traveling to the country seamless and trip worry-free from beginning to end. They offer up to US$20,000 of medical expenses, including COVID-19 related medical expenses, which meets the Thai government’s insurance requirements for the Thailand Pass.
AXA is there to support visitors whether they are here for leisure, visiting family, work, and other purposes. AXA Sawasdee Thailand is there for travelers to rely on, where they can depend on and feel secure. AXA is a travel companion for those travelers that fulfill government insurance requirements to enter the land of smiles, Thailand.
AXA is the Best COVID Insurance
There are other insurance companies that offer medical insurance to travelers, but what makes AXA stand out:
- Price. Compared to other insurance companies, it is much more affordable to avail AXA’s insurance policy. The insurance policy for 30 days costs as low as 2,000 THB.
- Top Insurance Company. According to the Office of Insurance Company, AXA is one of the top insurance companies in 2021. Did you know that the policy of AXA is solely underwritten by the company itself?
- High-Level Support. In Thailand, AXA Insurance has 19 branches that support customers in case of questions and claims.
- Refundable. The insured can get full premium refund if the Royal Thai Embassy/Royal Thai Consulates does not accept AXA Sawasdee Thailand insurance. The Insured must provide to AXA a proof of the requirement by the Embassy which indicates that AXA Sawasdee Thailand is not acceptable e.g. a webpage of the Embassy listing the requirement, a leaflet with the Embassy header/logo.
- Cashless Claim. At hospitals, the insurance company provides cashless claims to all inpatient treatments, not just the COVID-19 type of emergency.
- Choice of Period. You have the choice to choose the length of insurance. Whether it would be 7 days, 15 days, 30 days, 60 days, 90 days and 180 days. Unlike other insurance companies where there is only a limited choice of length of days.
Why Choose AXA Sawasdee Thailand
There are other reasons why AXA is convenient for your travels. Here are some of them:
- It meets the requirements of application for Thailand Pass.
- It gets an insurance policy and COVID-19 certificate by email instantly.
- It can be purchased online with a credit card.
- 24 hours hotline service.
- The policy has no waiting period and no deductible in the hotline service.
- It has a large hospital network throughout Thailand and no advance payment for hospitalization.
- The coverage of the insurance will start after clearing immigration in Thailand.
Why is Travel Insurance Required?
There is a good reason as to why it is mandatory. One must realize that if an individual travels to other countries with no insurance and when unexpected things happen where he/she traveled, with the cost of hospital treatments and other situations that involve money, one might have problems as to where to get the financial aid to pay those expenses. Take note that some of the standard health and travel insurance do not cover anything about Covid-19. When you have the insurance when you get to Thailand, and one is tested positive for Covid-19 even with no symptoms, the insurance still covers the medical expense, not just Covid-19 type of situation but it includes accidents and any other sickness except pre-existing ones.
The insurance is to cover the cost of expenses in case something will happen to a traveler. If ever one does not have the insurance, someone else will pay that expense. Who are the ones who will pay for that expense? The Thai government. They are concerned about unpaid bills that they will pay when there is no one to pay. And it is even concerning knowing the Covid-19 cases are rising.
Important Notice in Purchasing Travel Insurance
Purchasing Travel Insurance
The easiest way to purchase this insurance is through an AXA Insurance website. Reminder, one must purchase this insurance before you travel, you are not allowed to avail of AXA Sawasdee Thailand: Inbound Travel Insurance within Thailand. AXA Sawasdee Thailand will provide you with all the certificates of coverage to present to the authorities before you board the plane and when you arrive in Thailand. Remember that when you fill the applications needed to be filled, be sure to cover the period that you are planning to stay in Thailand.
BUY AXA COVID-19 INSURANCE NOW! CLICK HERE
Do you want to stay in Thailand for 5 to 20 years?
- Smooth immigration procedures
- Elite personal assistance
- Exclusive spa and golf courses
- 90-day reporting service