This Weekly Update was originally posted on November 19, 2021. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
What’s the “Test and Go” Program?
The “Test and Go” Program also known as the No Quarantine Program was created for fully vaccinated visitors from 63 low-risk countries traveling to Thailand giving them a quarantine-free entry. They will just have to stay for a night or two in a “Test and Go” hotel while waiting for their COVID test results upon arrival in Thailand, after which they are allowed to travel to any city or province in Thailand.
- A Certificate of Vaccination (fully vaccinated) with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before travelling.
- Those previously infected within 3 months must have received 1 dose of an approved vaccine at least 14 days before traveling.
- Travelers under 12 years of age, traveling with parents or guardians, are exempt from the vaccination requirement.
- A Medical Certificate with an RT-PCR lab result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected and is issued no more than 72 hours before traveling (all travelers).
- A confirmed payment for a 1-night stay at a SHA+ or AQ Hotel accommodation, and 1 RT-PCR test.
- A COVID 19 insurance policy with coverage no less than US$50,000 (for foreigners)
Here are some of the Best Test and Go Hotels in Bangkok
Test and Go Hotels Near Suvarnabhumi Airport
1. Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
You may book the hotel here: Novotel Bangkok Suvarnabhumi Airport
2. Siam Mandarina Hotel
You may book the hotel here: Siam Mandarina Hotel
3. Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Hotel
You may book the hotel here: Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Hotel
Test and Go Hotels on Sukhumvit Area
1. Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
You may book the hotel here: Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
2. Citrus Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality
You may book the hotel here: Citrus Sukhumvit 11 by Compass Hospitality
3. The Salil Sukhumvit 57- Thong Lo
You may book the hotel here: The Salil Sukhumvit 57- Thonglo
4. Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
You may book the hotel here: Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
5. Aloft Sukhumvit 11
You may book the hotel here: Aloft Sukhumvit 11
6. Royal President Hotel
You may book the hotel here: Royal President Hotel
7. The Landmark Bangkok
You may book the hotel here: The Landmark Bangkok
8. Conrad Bangkok Hotel
You may book the hotel here: Conrad Bangkok Hotel
9. Okura Prestige Bangkok Hotel
You may book the hotel here: Okura Prestige Bangkok Hotel
10. Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
You may book the hotel here: Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
How to Book your Test and Go Hotel?
You may book these hotels through Agoda.com (accredited by the Ministry of Public Health and Tourism Authority of Thailand) and you will receive a 1-page confirmation letter which states that the hotel accommodation, airport transfer, and RT-PCR COVID test are included in the reservation. Please make sure you have chosen the Quarantine Package or the Test and Go Package of the Hotel.
Why use Agoda.com? It is easy and fast. You can easily amend your reservation. You will automatically receive the Hotel Confirmation Letter for your Thailand Pass application.
Here is a sample Hotel Confirmation Letter issued by Agoda.com.
What is the Best COVID Insurance for Thailand
Based on experience, the common problem for Thailand Pass applications being rejected is that some insurance policies are not properly worded. Your COVID 19 insurance must expressly state that it covers up to 50,000 USD medical expenses including COVID 19. To purchase the most reliable and, based on our experience, insurance that has never had any problem in the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
How to Apply for the Test and Go Thailand Pass
- Register for a Thailand Pass at https://tp.consular.go.th/
- Upload the required document and allow 3-5 working days for the approval process. Wait for the approval of the Vaccine Certification, Insurance, and paid Test and Go Hotel accommodation and RT-PCR test.
- Confirm the approval, and receive a Thailand Pass QR Code. The entire process takes up to 7 working days.
How to Make the Thailand Pass Application as Easy as Possible
The Thailand Pass system is for both Thai and foreign nationals so as to have an organized and worry-free travel to Thailand and not to cause you any confusion for the entry process. For you to have a memorable and wonderful trip to Thailand, you must be aware of the possibilities of how and what could go wrong during the registration process of the Thailand Pass application.
Travelers must also be aware that proper preparation is the key to their Thailand Pass application. Please do your application several weeks before your departure date. Don’t leave it for the last minute.
In case when you are experiencing difficulty with the Thailand Pass system, you could also avail the professional services of Siam Legal International, a law firm in Thailand that will help you in your Thailand Pass registration and therefore make it easy for you to get to the Land of Smiles.
In our next newsletter, we’ll offer something special to our clients. Check back on Friday, November 26.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Unlimited Online Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and tourist visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks processing time (visa and Thailand Pass)
- This offer is available in the US, UK and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass only)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days processing time
- Available in eligible countries only
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
For the latest information, weekly updates and guide about How To Travel to Thailand in 2021, you may check this page here: