(Updated November 16, 2021)
Thailand ASQ is a period of mandatory quarantine accommodation for arriving international visitors at government-accredited hotels. All ASQ bookings are paid for by the traveler.
Properties that have been approved for ASQ by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health are now offering packages that can be easily booked online. These ASQ packages include accommodation, 3 meals per day, two COVID-19 tests, airport transfers, and more.
All ASQ bookings are subject to specific Terms and Conditions listed below. Please make sure to read them carefully before making a booking.
Find your ideal ASQ hotel and book a complete package with us!
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the Thai Ministry of Public Health has required that any Thai or foreign nationals traveling to Thailand must secure a COVID-19 PCR test with a negative result, COVID-19 health insurance and they must undergo a mandatory quarantine at Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) facilities.
The mandatory quarantine is required for foreigners permitted to enter Thailand such as diplomats and non-immigrant B visa with work permit holders including their families, business representatives and experts invited by the government, permanent residents, foreigners with Thai families such as Thai marriage visa holders, students and their guardians, medical tourists and their attendants, business visa holders, Thai Elite Visa holders, APEC Cardholders, special tourist visa (STV) holders, SETV tourist visa holders, non-immigrant O, OA and OX retirement visa holders and migrant workers with official documents.
What is Quarantine?
Quarantine is defined as public health practice used to protect the public by preventing exposure to people who have or may have a contagious disease such as COVID-19. It is a separation and restriction of the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease such as COVID-19 to see if they become sick. These people may have been exposed to a disease and do not know it, or they may have the disease but do not show symptoms.
What is Alternative State Quarantine or ASQ?
The ASQ is a process of quarantine at government-accredited hotels in Bangkok at the traveler’s own expense. For non-Thai nationality travelers, many hotels together with hospitals launched Alternative State Quarantine Packages for those returning from abroad. These hotels have been approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health and the Ministry of Defense.
What is Alternative State Quarantine or ASLQ?
ASLQ is the quarantine facility in cities outside Bangkok such as Phuket, Pattaya, Buriram, and Prachinburi.
How long is the quarantine?
Starting October 1, 2021, the mandatory quarantine will be 7 days for vaccinated travelers and 10 days for unvaccinated travelers. , Thais or non-Thais.
Can I quarantine in my own home?
Unfortunately, it is not possible to quarantine in your own home at this time. You have to undergo quarantine in accredited hotels only.
What is the cost of the ASQ?
The cost may vary depending on the hotel with a price range from 28,000 THB to 220,000 for the mandatory quarantine with better facilities, a good atmosphere, in a clean and safe environment.
What are included in the ASQ package?
Normally, the package includes 3 meals per day, complimentary WiFi, and a private car transfer from the airport. A nurse is on call 24/7, and you will have your temperature taken and your health checked twice a day. The package also includes two COVID-19 tests during the period of your quarantine. If you have a fever of 37.5 degrees or more, you will be transferred to a hospital.
Process to reserve ASQ/ASLQ
- Make a room reservation directly to the ASQ/ASLQ hotel, when you know the date of entry to Thailand.
- The hotel will inform related authorities at the airport and will pick you up from the airport on arrival date/time.
List of Alternative State Quarantine (ASQ) Hotels in Bangkok
- Movenpick Wellness BDMS Resort Hotel
- Qiu Hotel
- Grand Richmond Hotel
- Royal Benja Hotel
- Anantara Siam Bangkok Hotel
- Grande Centre Point Sukhumvit 55
- Amara Hotel
- The Kinn Bangkok Hotel
- Siam mandarina Hotel
- Two Three Hotel
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok Resort
- Avani Atrium Bangkok Hotel
- Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
- O2 Luxury Hotel
- Three Sukhumvit Hotel 55
- Princeton Hotel Bangkok
- Solaria Nishitetsu Hotel Bangkok
- The Salil Hotel Sukhumvit 57
- Salil Hotel Soi Thonglor 121
- Maitria Hotel Sukhumvit 18
- ibis Styles Bangkok Sukhumvit Phra Khanong
- Maple Hotel
- Royal Rattanakosin Hotel
- Conrad Bangkok Hotel
- Royal Suite Hotel
- Amanta Hotel & Residence Sathorn
- Ozone Hotel @Samyarn
- Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok
- Pullman Bangkok Hotel G
- Hotel Clover Asoke
- Belaire Bangkok Hotel
- SC Park Hotel
- Avani Atrium Hotel Bangkok
- Le Meridien Hotel Bangkok
- The Landmark Bangkok Hotel
- Zenith Sukhumvit hotel Bangkok
- Chor Cher Hotel
- Solitaire Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri
- Hotel Amber Sukhumvit 85
- The Vertical Suite Hotel
- Dusit Princess Srinakarin Bangkok
- Novotel Suvarnabhumi Airport Hotel
- Miloft Sathorn Hotel
- Lancaster Bangkok
- DoubleTree by Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Royal President Hotel
- Eleven Hotel Bangkok
- SureStayPlus Hotel by Best Western Sukhumvit 2
- Goldentulip Sovereign Hotel Bangkok
- Cinnamon Residence
- Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Siam
- Casa Nithra Hotel Bangkok
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
- H5 Luxury Hotel
- The Sukosol Bangkok Hotel
- Anya Nana @Sukhumvit – Bangkok
- Rembrandt Hotel and Suites Bangkok
- Park Plaza Bangkok Soi 18
- Hotel Icon Sukhumvit 2 Bangkok
- Aspira Sky Sukhumvit 1
- Holiday Inn Express Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
- Nouvo City Hotel
- Well Hotel Bangkok Sukhumvit 20
- The Westin Grande Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Ambassador Hotel Bangkok
- Silom Serene a boutique Hotel
- Amaranth Suvarnabhumi Airport by Best Western
- Graceland Bangkok by Grace Hotel
- Arize Hotel Sukhumvit
- Hyatt Place
- Best Western Premier Sukhumvit
- Movenpick Sukhumvit 15
- Centre Point Silom
- The Canal Hotel
- Citadines Sukhumvit 8
- Centre Point Pratunam
- Fraser Suites Sukhumvit
- Radisson Suites Bangkok Sukhumvit
- The Silver Palm
- Lohas Sukhumvit
- Centara Watergate Pavillion Hotel Bangkok
- The Cotai Luxury Design Hotel
- S Ram Leisure Hotel
- Citrus Sukhumvit 11 Bangkok Hotel
- Villa De Khaosan by Chillax
- Chillax Heritage Hotel
- Trinity Silom Hotel
- Furama Xclusive Sukhumvit
- Furama Silom
- The Sukhothai Bangkok
- Mii Hotel Srinakarin
- Somerset Rama 9 Bangkok
- Maduzi Hotel
- Mercure Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
- The Bazaar Hotel
- GLOW Sukhumvit 5
- Arte Hotel
- Bandara Suites Silom Bangkok
- Divalux Resort and Spa
- Aloft Bangkok Sukhumvit 11
- Aspira Hana Residence Thonglor
- A-One Bangkok Hotel
- Ibis Styles Bangkok Khaosan Viengtai
- Citrus Suites Sukhumvit 6, Bangkok
- 56 Surawong Hotel
- Como Metropolitan Bangkok
- Seasons Siam Hotel
- Evergreen Laurel Hotel (Sathorn)
- Montien Riverside Hotel
- Novotel Ibis styles Bangkok Sukhumvit 4
List of Alternative State Local Quarantine (ASLQ) Hotels
- Anantara Phuket Suites & Villas
- Phuket GRACELAND Resort & Spa
- Metadee Resort & Villas
- Banyan Tree Phuket
- Laguna Holiday Club Phuket Resort
- The Sense Resort and Poll Villas
- Nai Yang Beach Resort & Spa
- The LifeCo Phuket Well-Being Detox Center
- Dusit Thani Laguna Phuket Hotel
- Andakira Resort & Spa
- The Gig Hotel
- Sleep with me Design Hotel @Patong
- Ramada Phuket Deevana
- Best Western Patong
- Peach Blossom Resort and Pool Villa Beach Resort
- The Royal Paradise Hotel & Spa
- Oakwood Hotel Journeyhub Phuket
- Best Bella Pattaya Hotel
- Avani Pattaya Resort
- Hotel J Residence
- So Boutique Hotel
- Tropicana Hotel
- Grand Bella
- Bella Express
Thailand Pass Application Service by Siam Legal
Application for the Thailand Pass is free of charge and you do not need any assistance to apply for it. However, there may be instances where some individuals may voluntarily choose a paid service provider such as a law firm to provide consultation, assist them to prepare their documents, and submit them on their behalf. Individuals may encounter problems with their documents that are not being uploaded properly or some information or documents that are deemed unacceptable to the Thai embassy or consulate that may cause delay or rejection of your Thailand Pass application, so it may be helpful to retain a service provider to assist you with the application. These paid Thailand Pass services offered by Siam Legal are listed below.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Application Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Online Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 3 to 4 weeks process
- Available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 7 days process
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
What to do upon entry to Thailand?
When entering Thailand, the foreigner or non-Thai national is requested to follow the Thai authority’s guidelines for preventing the COVID-19 pandemic as follows:
- Present the Thailand Pass QR code to the Thai authorities at the airport of arrival
- Present the COVID-19 PCR test result certificate
- Present the completed and signed Declaration Form
- Present the COVID 19 travel insurance policy
- Present the valid non-immigrant visa and work permit (if applicable)
- The foreign national will be subjected to a mandatory state quarantine at a government-designated ASHQ Hotels under the supervision of the Ministry of Public Health at his or her own expense.