This Weekly Update was originally posted on November 12, 2021. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
How can I check my registration status?
Thailand Pass has launched a major update that allows applicants to check their registration status. After finishing registration, you will receive an access code for tracking your registration status. You are advised to note it down or capture the screen for future reference. You will also receive the code via email.
To track your registration status, you will need to visit: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/check-status
You will need the following information:
- the access code
- your passport number
- the registered email address
Note: For those who registered before November 11 who did not receive an access code, please email [email protected]
Once authenticated, you will see the status of your application, with one of the following descriptions:
- Reviewing: Your application is being reviewed by government officials.
- Approved: Your submitted information has been verified and you may download your QR code.
- Denied: Your submitted information is not sufficient as per the registration requirements. You need to resubmit a new application.
If your application has been approved, you will be able to download your “Thailand Pass QR Code” right on the status checking page. You will also receive the QR code via email.
How long does the approval process take?
First and foremost, it is required that applicants submit their registration at least 7 days before their intended travel date. Applicants with vaccine certificates from 30 countries/territories that provide Thailand with PKI (public key infrastructure) information to process their QR codes can expect their applications to be automatically approved. For others, the process may take 3 to 7 days.
Can I use any email address to register?
In theory, you should be able to register with Thailand Pass using any email address, but unfortunately, the email responses to many applicants whose email addresses end in either of the following domains are known to be delayed or interrupted:
Or any variation of the above with a country code, e.g. @outlook.co.uk
To avoid any delay or email problems, please use an alternative email address for now. Applicants have found that @gmail.com appears to work the best.
Can I change my flight after getting the Thailand Pass QR code?
Yes, but only if the new flight time is within 72 hours of the original flight time registered with Thailand Pass. Your QR code remains valid, i.e. you will not need to apply for a new ‘Thailand Pass QR Code’, provided that all other required documents also remain valid such as your RT-PCR COVID test taken within 72 hours before the flight and the hotel reservation from the AQ or SHA+ Hotel.
Can I submit a single application for the whole family or group traveling with me?
No, unless you are traveling with your children as per the following conditions:
- If your travel scheme is ‘No Quarantine‘ (a.k.a. “Test and Go”), children aged under 12 years can be added into the parent’s registration under the section. Under this scheme, anyone else aged 12 years or over in your family or group must submit individual registration.
- If your travel scheme is the ‘Sandbox Program’, children aged under 18 years can be added to the parent’s registration. Under this program, anyone else aged 18 years or over in your family or group must submit individual registration.
Note: Children between 12 years and 18 years old who received one dose of vaccination are considered fully vaccinated therefore they may qualify for both No Quarantine and Sandbox Programs.
Can I submit multiple documents for the Hotel and Insurance?
Unfortunately, the current system only allows applicants to submit a one-page document (maximum two pages collated into a one-page document). We recommend that you submit a one-page hotel confirmation letter and a one-page insurance certificate.
AXA Insurance Thailand offers the best COVID-19 travel insurance that produces a 1-page certificate of insurance. The 1-page Certificate of Insurance that you will receive from AXA will have complete details that Thai authorities will need to issue the Thailand Pass.
When it comes to hotels in Bangkok we recommend:
These hotels produce a 1-page confirmation letter of confirmed booking including your RT-PCR test upon arrival. You must book for the Test and Go package offered by these hotels. Again, that 1-page Letter of Confirmation from the Hotel will have complete details that the Thai authorities will need to issue the Thailand Pass.
You may also check the Test and Go (One Night Stay) package of some hotels in Bangkok on this page:
How to Make the Thailand Pass Application as Easy as Possible
The Thailand Pass system is for both Thai and foreign nationals so as to have an organized and worry-free travel to Thailand and not to cause you any confusion for the entry process. For you to have a memorable and wonderful trip to Thailand, you must be aware of the possibilities of how and what could go wrong during the registration process of the Thailand Pass application.
Travelers must also be aware that proper preparation is the key to their Thailand Pass application. Please do your application several weeks before your departure date. Don’t leave it for the last minute.
In case when you are experiencing difficulty with the Thailand Pass system, you could also avail the professional services of Siam Legal International, a law firm in Thailand that will help you in your Thailand Pass registration and therefore make it easy for you to get to the Land of Smiles.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Online Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 3 to 4 weeks process
- Available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 7 days process
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals