Thailand Entry Requirements for September 2022
- Travelers entering Thailand will only be required to show Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 test result for the unvaccinated.
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended to have comprehensive travel insurance when you travel to Thailand.
- Before you travel to Thailand, you should buy your travel insurance for your protection to cover your entire trip to Thailand and book your hotel stay to get the best deals and rates:
- Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions, get help and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
1. Passport and Thai Visa
Foreigners may travel to Thailand without a visa. There are countries eligible to enter Thailand visa-free under the Visa Exemption program and Bilateral Agreement allowing travelers to stay up to 14 days, 30 days, or 90 days.
There are also 19 countries eligible to enter Thailand without a visa under the Visa On Arrival program allowing travelers to stay up to 15 days. The fee of 2,000 THB has to be paid on arrival at the airport and fill out the TM88 Visa on Arrival form.
For both Visa Exemption and Visa On Arrival, the traveler must possess a passport valid for 6 months, or in some cases, it must be valid for at least 30 days after the trip.
Travelers who are not eligible for the Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival programs must apply for a Thai visa prior to coming to Thailand. Application for a Thai visa can be done online or in person at the Thai embassy or consulate in the country of departure of the applicant.
Starting October 1, 2022, the government has extended the permit to stay for visa on arrival, visa exemption, and bilateral agreement programs allowing travelers to stay for 30 days or 45 days.
2. Proof of Vaccination or COVID Test
Travelers may now freely travel to Thailand as long as they possess Proof of Vaccination or a pre-departure COVID test.
Travelers who are fully vaccinated may print out a copy of the proof of vaccination, or vaccination certificate, or show a digital copy of their proof of vaccination. Travelers must be fully vaccinated and a vaccine booster is not required. Children who are unvaccinated but traveling with a vaccinated adult do not need to show any COVID test result.
Travelers who are unvaccinated are required to undergo a mandatory pre-departure COVID test within 72 hours before departure from the country of origin or departure. The COVID test may be an RT-PCR test or a professional ATK (RAT) antigen test. The COVID test result must be negative or non-reactive and the COVID test result document must state the name of the traveler, the date and time of the test conducted, and the type of the test performed. Children who are unvaccinated traveling with an unvaccinated adult must also undergo a COVID test.
3. Buy Travel Insurance for Thailand
Foreign travelers should buy Travel Insurance when traveling to Thailand or Asia, in general.
You may use your own health insurance purchased from your own country or it is recommended to purchase from an insurance company in Thailand such as AXA Insurance Thailand.
To purchase AXA Thailand Insurance; the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
4. Hotel Booking or Proof of Address
Foreigners arriving in Thailand are normally required to provide an address in Thailand. Travelers may provide private accommodation such as a house or apartment. Travelers who opted to stay in hotels must book a hotel in advance.
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended Bangkok Hotels:
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- Avani+ Riverside Bangkok
- Bangkok Marriott Marquis
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Lebua at State Tower
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok
- Park Hyatt Bangkok
- Shangri-La Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- The Landmark Bangkok
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok
- Vie Hotel Bangkok
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Phuket:
- Andakira Hotel
- Andamantra Resort and Villa Phuket
- Crest Resort and Pool Villas
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa
- Impiana Resort Patong
- Kalima Resort & Spa
- Phuket Graceland Resort and Spa
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
- Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- The Nai Harn Phuket
- The Nature Phuket
- V Villas Phuket
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Pattaya:
- Avani Pattaya Resort
- Bella Express Hotel
- Cape Dara Resort
- Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort
- Dusit Thani Pattaya
- Grande Centre Point Pattaya
- Hilton Pattaya
- Ibis Pattaya
- InterContinental Pattaya Resort
- MYTT Beach Hotel
- Navana Nature Escape
- Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
- Royal Wing Suites and Spa
- Veranda Resort Pattaya
- Woodlands Hotel and Resort
Book Your Thailand Hotel on Agoda.com
Extended Permit To Stay for Visa on Arrival and Visa Exemption
Starting October 1, 2022, until March 31, 2023, travelers will be allowed to stay for 30 days or 45 days without prior approval of a Thai visa.
During this period, the length of stay per visit will be 45 days for passport holders of the following countries/territories who may enter Thailand under a tourist Visa Exemption scheme: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the UAE, UK, Ukraine, and the USA.
Also, during this period, the length of stay per visit will be 30 days for passport holders of the following countries/territories who may apply for a VOA: Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, and Vanuatu. The visa fee of 2,000 THB will remain the same for these countries.
In addition, passport holders of the following countries/ territories may enter Thailand without a visa under a bilateral agreement: Cambodia (14 days), Myanmar (14 days), Hong Kong (30 days), and Lao PDR. (30 days, Macau (30 days), Mongolia (30 days), Russia (30 days and VOA), Vietnam (30 days), Argentina (90 days), Brazil (90 days), Chile (90 days), Korea (ROK) (90 days), and Peru (90 days).
How to Stay in Thailand for 5, 10, or 20 Years
Do you want to stay in Thailand for 5 to 20 years with VIP treatment? Thailand Elite Visa program is best fit for you. The Thai Elite Visa is one of the special Thai visas aimed for digital nomads, retirees, business people, investors, high-income individuals and families looking to move to Thailand. Siam Legal is the authorized sales and service agent of Thailand Elite visa in the USA, UK, and Australia with years of experience and exemplary reputation. For individuals or families who are interested about this long stay visa program, you can download our Thai Elite e-book on this link: https://www.siam-legal.com/legal-guide/thai-elite-visa-ebook.pdf
Siam Legal Visa Assistance
Package: 395 USD (Non-Immigrant O Visa Assistance)
- Visa Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa or retirement visa)
- 2-3 weeks total processing time
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada visa applications only
Package: 200 USD (TR Visa Assistance)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (TR tourist visa)
- 2-3 weeks of processing time
- Available in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada visa application only
For the latest information, updates, and guide about How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here: https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-travel-restrictions-updates