This Weekly Update was originally posted on February 18, 2022. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
Thailand Pass: Guide for Test and Go Registration
1. Processing Time
The processing time for Thailand Pass is 3-7 days. Travelers are advised to plan ahead and submit the registration for the Thailand Pass at least 7 days prior to departure.
2. Documents Required for Registration
- Certificate of Vaccination
- Thailand Pass Insurance with minimum coverage of 50,000 USD for medical expenses including COVID-19 (not required for Thai nationals and foreigners under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage)
- Paid Reservation Confirmation from SHA Extra+ or AQ Hotel for 2 separate nights (Day 1 and Day 5)
*Day 1 hotel reservation and fee for the first RT-PCR test and airport transfer
*Day 5 hotel reservation and fee for the second RT-PCR test
*Travelers arriving in Phuket may book the RT-PCR tests at www.thailandpsas.com
3. All Countries are Eligible
Fully vaccinated travelers from all countries and territories are eligible to register under the Test and Go Program.
4. Approval Process
- Upon submission of your Thailand Pass application, the staff of your booked hotel will authenticate the reservation (room for Day 1 and Day 5, airport transfer and 2 RT-PCR tests)
- The hotel will reject any incomplete or non-compliance documentation and a notification email will be sent to you by the Thailand Pass system to resubmit the application with additional documents. Any rejected application at this stage must contact the hotel immediately.
- It is highly recommended that travelers book their hotel accommodation directly with the hotel to expedite the authentication process by hotels. You must also make sure that you have booked the correct Test and Go Package with the hotel or with Agoda.com.
- Once verified or approved by the hotel, your Thailand Pass application will be sent to the Department of Disease Control (DDC) for further consideration (to check the Vaccine Certificate and COVID Insurance). If approved by the DDC, the Thailand Pass will be issued and the Thailand Pass QR code will be sent through email within 7 days.
5. Contact Information for Thailand Pass Inquiries
For General Inquiries:
Phone: +66 2 572 8442
Email: [email protected]
Thailand Pass SCAM ALERT
Recently quite a number of Thailand Pass applicants and even those who have been approved for the Thailand Pass have reported this phishing email today supposedly from the Thai Embassy or Consulate. There was no attachment but it asked for personal details.
Please be advised that it is a possible scam. Do not reply to the said email.
Thailand Pass got denied, do I need to apply again?
No, you don’t have to resubmit everything again. If your application has been denied with specific reason or your flight has been delayed and you need to revise the date of arrival, you can edit the information with the access code provided after your first submission.
After clicking check status in your preferred language, you can now choose to edit your information submitted on THAILAND PASS on your preferred type of information.
There are 4 different types of information where you can edit your information. After each submission, you will receive the access code to recheck your status later.
Best COVID Insurance for Thailand Pass
Based on experience, the common problem for Thailand Pass applications being rejected is that some insurance policies are not properly worded. Your COVID-19 insurance must expressly state that it covers up to 50,000 USD medical expenses including COVID-19 while in Thailand.
You may use your own health insurance or purchase an insurance from your own country, however, it is recommended to purchase from an insurance company in Thailand such as AXA Insurance Thailand to make sure that you meet the requirement in obtaining the Thailand Pass successfully.
- Your certificate of insurance will expressly state that it covers up to 50,000 USD medical expenses including COVID-19. It will also state that the certificate is issued for the purpose of Thailand Pass application.
- The AXA Sawasdee Thailand provides a one page certificate of insurance which is perfect for Thailand Pass application since the system will only allow one page document to be uploaded.
- Your insurance letter or certificate will also contain the policy number and date of effectivity or start date.
- The AXA Insurance policy must be effective before or on the date of arrival and during your entire length of stay.
Important Notes When Buying Travel Insurance
- Avoid the insurance providers with COVID only coverage; they do not cover medical costs from accidents (like motorcycle accidents) or common unexpected illnesses (common fever or food poisoning).
- AXA Sawasdee Thailand covers medical expenses (outpatient and inpatient) due to accidents and illnesses including COVID-19.
- AXA Sawasdee Thailand also covers telemedicine and teleconsultation which may be required during the quarantine period of the patient.
To purchase AXA Thailand Insurance; the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
How to Book Test and Go Hotel on Agoda.com
You may book a Test and Go Hotel or Quarantine Hotel through Agoda.com It is recommended to always make sure that you have booked the correct package that includes:
- an airport pick-up
- at least one RT-PCR test
As they are necessary for the Test and Go travel scheme by which you enter Thailand. You will not be permitted to leave the airport without the hotel to pick you up.
If you book a hotel on the Agoda website, for example, make sure the Thailand Pass or Quarantine filter is on:
Even if your travel scheme is ‘Test & Go’, you will need to stay for up to a day upon arrival at a hotel that provides an RT-PCR test, to make sure that you test negative before you can travel freely in Thailand. You will do another test on Day 5.
As an example, the hotel below offers ‘airport pick-up’ and ‘1 RT-PCR test’, so it is suitable for your arrival.
Test and Go Hotels in Bangkok
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Hotel Clover Asok
- Grace Hotel Bangkok
- Park Plaza Sukhumvit 18
- Carlton Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Marriott Marquis Queen’s Park
- Grande Centre Point Ratchadamri
- Grande Centre Point Terminal 21
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Grand Hyatt Erawan
- The Landmark Bangkok
- The Peninsula Bangkok
Test and Go Hotels in Samui
- Chaweng Villawee Hotel
- The Lamai Samui
- Chaweng Noi Pool Villa
- Amari Koh Samui
- OZO Chaweng Samui
- First Bungalow Beach Resort
- Chaweng Regent Beach Resort
- Prana Resorts Samui
- Melati Beach Resort
- Pattra Vill Resort
- Bo Phut Resort & Spa
- Coral Cliff Beach Resort
Test and Go Hotels in Chiang Mai
- Thantara Resort Chiang Mai
- Vista Hotel Chiang Mai
- 137 Pillars House
- De Charme Hotel
- Green Lake Resort
- The Chiang Mai Riverside
- De Lanna Hotel
- Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai
- Rendezvous Classic House
- Veranda High Resort
- Ibis Styles Chiang Mai
- U Chiang Mai
Where to Stay in Phuket
- IBIS Phuket Patong Hotel
- Burasari Phuket
- Andamantra Resort & Villa
- Hotel Clover Patong Phuket
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- The Sea Galleri By Katathani
- DoubleTree by Hilton Phuket Banthai Resort
- Mövenpick Resort & Spa
- Courtyard by Marriott Phuket Town
- The Naka Phuket Villa
- Sri Panwa Phuket
- The Nai Harn
Note: For Phuket, the RT-PCR tests can be booked separately from the hotel through: www.thailandpsas.com
New Document Needed for Arrival
All arriving passengers must provide a required document on RT-PCR for 2 times and fill out The Order of Communicable Disease Control, Officer at Port Health, and Quarantine form. Please print out and fill in the information as attached below for Test & Go, Sandbox, and Quarantine programs.
Apply for Thailand Pass
The Thailand Pass is required for both Thai and foreign nationals to enter Thailand. It is free-of-charge to obtain a Thailand Pass.
Travelers must also be aware that proper preparation is the key to the approval of their Thailand Pass application. Please do your application at least 1 to 3 weeks before your departure date. Don’t leave it for the last minute.
In case you are experiencing difficulty with the Thailand Pass system, you could also avail the professional services of Siam Legal International, a law firm in Thailand that will help you in your Thailand Pass registration and therefore make it easy for you to get to the Land of Smiles.
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks process
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days processing time
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
- For Test & Go, Sandbox, and Quarantine programs
For the latest information, weekly updates, and guide on How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here: