This Weekly Update was originally posted on June 10, 2022. For the most recent update, click here.
To sign-up for our Weekly Updates, please click here.
Thailand Travel Updates as of June 10, 2022
- Thailand Pass is no longer required for Thai nationals but will remain to be required for all foreign travelers to Thailand.
- There is a proposal for the Thailand Pass to be removed in July but that proposal is subject to approval during the CCSA meeting on June 17, 2022.
- For up-to-date information and weekly updates regarding current Thailand travel restrictions, please visit the compilation of our Weekly Updates for Thailand Travel Restrictions.
- YouTube Video showing you how to apply for the Thai Pass:
Instructional Video for Thailand Pass Application
- Before you apply for Thailand Pass, we highly recommend purchasing your COVID travel insurance and booking your hotel stay:
- Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions, get help and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
Thai Pass Required Documents
Please have the following documents ready.
- Passport Information page
- Buy Thailand Travel Insurance
- Flight Itinerary
- Hotel booking confirmation
- Vaccination record (if any)
The application process will take 5-10 minutes.
Thai Pass Average Approval Time:
1 – 6 hours.
Incorrect documents will delay the application process.
Top 10 Questions About Thailand Pass
What is Thailand Pass?
Thailand Pass is an online registration process implemented by the Thai Government for all foreigners entering Thailand. It confirms vaccination and medical insurance details of foreign visitors who wish to enter Thailand and, upon successful application; grants foreigners permission to enter the country. Thai nationals traveling to Thailand using their valid Thai passports are not required to register for a Thailand Pass. You can apply for a Thailand Pass up to 60 days before your expected date of travel. You can apply as little as a day before you travel. You will receive an email with an approved QR code within 1 – 2 hours after registration.
You can apply for a Thailand Pass online at https://tp.consular.go.th/
This is the only official site for Thailand Pass. If you are on a website with a different URL, it could be a scam. Do not enter any personal information or financial details.
Do I need to pay for a Thailand Pass?
Thailand Pass is a free system. There is no payment required when applying for a Thailand Pass. If you are on a site that is asking for any kind of payment, then the website is not legitimate and is likely a scam. Do not pay any money and leave the site immediately.
Do I need a visa to enter Thailand if I have a Thailand Pass?
Thailand Pass is not a visa. It is just a permit to enter Thailand. You will still need to apply for a valid visa depending on your purpose of travel and length of stay in the country. Thailand Pass is valid to be used for up to 3 days after your original date of arrival, as stated on the approved Thailand Pass. If your arrival date changes by more than 3 days you will need to apply for a new Pass. Your Thailand Pass has a “Valid for entry from” and “Valid for entry until” date range. This is not how long you can stay in the country, but how long the Thailand Pass is valid for use before you need to apply for a new one.
Can I apply for one Thailand Pass for my family or children?
All adults and persons over the age of 18 will need to apply for a separate Thai Pass QR code. Every person over the age of 18 must submit a separate Thai Pass application to receive an approved QR code.
Children under the age of 18 do not need to have their own Thai Pass application. They can be added to a parent’s application and will be issued a QR code with the parent. All children, no matter their age, must have an approved Thailand Pass to enter Thailand. Children are added to a parent’s application under the “Information of dependent children (under 18 years old)” section when registering. You will need to enter personal details, passport details, and test results (if applicable).
I am vaccinated. My children are not. Do they need to get an RT-PCR test?
If you are vaccinated and you do not need to complete any RT-PCR or Pro-ATK test, then any child added to your Thai Pass application will not need to complete any COVID test as well.
If you are unvaccinated, you will need to complete an RT-PCR or Pro-ATK test and upload the result to your Thai Pass application. Any unvaccinated child included in your Thailand Pass application will also need to complete a test and the result uploaded at the same time.
What documents do I need when applying for a Thailand Pass?
The documents needed for Thailand Pass registration will depend on your vaccination status. If you are vaccinated, you will need to provide – Passport profile page, proof of a valid COVID insurance policy, and a vaccination certificate.
If you are unvaccinated, you will need to provide – Passport profile page, proof of a valid COVID insurance policy, and an RT-PCR/Pro-ATK test result in no older than 72 hours before your intended departure date to Thailand.
Do I need to show proof of a flight and hotel booking for Thailand Pass?
The Thailand Pass system also requires you to enter a flight number upon registration, but you do not need to provide proof of a booked flight. So if you have to change your flights and enter under a different flight number, your current Thailand Pass is still valid.
Also, completing your Thailand Pass registration, you need to list one address for where you will stay. This is usually the address for your first night in the country. You do not need to declare any other accommodation or locations you will visit during your stay. This can be a hotel, home address, or other accommodation such as Airbnb. If you do not enter an address, the Thailand Pass system will not allow you to submit your application. If you would book a hotel for the first night or few days of your stay, it is recommended to book a hotel through Agoda.com
What does my insurance need to include to be approved?
For your travel insurance to be approved by Thai authorities, it must provide minimum medical coverage of $10,000 USD, not exclude incidents relating to COVID-19, and remain valid for the full length of your stay in Thailand. If you have children and your insurance provider offers the service, you can apply for an individual or a family policy. You must make sure the name of each person covered by the policy is clearly stated. You can purchase insurance from your country or through a Thai Insurance provider. Based on experience, the best insurance provider for Thailand Pass is AXA Thailand.
Can I use the same Thailand Pass more than once?
No. Thailand Pass is valid for single use or ONE entry into Thailand. When you pass through Thailand Pass Entry Screening at the airport, your Thai Pass is validated as complete and canceled. If you intend to enter Thailand more than once, you need to apply for a new Thai Pass QR code each time.
If you leave the country and intend to return, then you will need to register for a new Thailand Pass. A new Thailand Pass QR code will be issued.
Do I need to print documents for entering Thailand?
It is not compulsory to print the Thailand Pass and other documents when entering Thailand. However, it is recommended in case something happens to your electronic device while in the airport. Having a printed copy of the documents you provided in your Thailand Pass application will help you process through Thailand Pass Screening and Passport Control faster and is appreciated by the Thai Health Officers and Immigration Officers.
Best COVID Insurance for Thailand Pass
Foreigners are required to possess a COVID Insurance as part of the Thailand Pass and entry requirements for Thailand Pass. The minimum medical coverage must be at least 10,000 USD.
You may use your own health insurance or purchase insurance from your own country, however, for the best COVID insurance for the Thailand Pass it is recommended to purchase from an insurance company in Thailand such as AXA Insurance Thailand to make sure that you meet the requirement in obtaining the Thailand Pass successfully.
- Your AXA certificate of insurance will expressly state that it covers at least 20,000 USD medical expenses including COVID-19. The AXA Thailand medical coverage is greater than the minimum requirement of 10,000 USD. It will also state that the certificate is issued for the purpose of the Thailand Pass application.
- The AXA Sawasdee Thailand provides a one-page certificate of insurance which is perfect for the Thailand Pass application since the system will only allow one-page document to be uploaded.
- Your insurance letter or certificate will also contain the policy number and date of effectivity or start date.
- The AXA Insurance policy must be effective before or on the date of arrival and during your entire length of stay. AXA Thailand COVID insurance does not have a waiting period compared to other insurance providers.
To purchase AXA Thailand Insurance; the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
Book Your Thailand Hotel on Agoda.com
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended Bangkok Hotels:
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- Avani+ Riverside Bangkok
- Bangkok Marriott Marquis
- Carlton Hotel Bangkok
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Hyatt Place Sukhumvit
- Le Meridien Bangkok
- Lebua at State Tower
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok
- Park Hyatt Bangkok
- Shangri-La Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- The Continent Hotel Asok
- The Landmark Bangkok
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok
- Vie Hotel Bangkok
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Phuket:
- Andakira Hotel
- Andamantra Resort and Villa Phuket
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort
- Crest Resort and Pool Villas
- Deevana Patong Resort and Spa
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa
- Kalima Resort & Spa
- Naina Resort and Spa
- Navatara Phuket Resort
- Patong Resort Hotel
- Phuket Graceland Resort and Spa
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
- Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
- The Blue Hotel
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- The Nai Harn Phuket
- The Nature Phuket
- V Villas Phuket
Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Assistance
Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)
- Visa Consultation
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application
- 2 to 3 weeks process
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only
Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
- 5 to 10 days processing time
- Available in eligible countries only
- Available for Thai and foreign nationals
- For Test & Go, Sandbox, and Quarantine programs
For the latest information, weekly updates, and guide on How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here:
How to Unsubscribe from our Weekly Updates
To stop receiving our Weekly Newsletter, kindly click the “Unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our Weekly Update newsletter: