Working outside of Thailand any taxes?

Taxes in Thailand

If I declare my income, would I have to pay tax on it? I work and earn this money outside of Thailand. How do I go about applying for a marriage visa?

If you will use and declare your monthly income for this marriage visa application, you will not be obliged to pay taxes as you have earned this income from outside Thailand.

The only thing that is required from you before coming to Thailand is evidence of your income to obtain the letter from the embassy. An income affidavit from your embassy in Bangkok should be obtained first in order to proceed together with other documents proving you married to a Thai national.

A non immigrant “O” visa should be applied for as well from the Thai embassy abroad which will be extended to 1 year inside of Thailand.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. Jonathan Janito S. Escotido
    April 12, 2020

    Good morning…I worked in Thailand offshore oilfield under Chevron in Nakhon since 2006 to 2016 on a 1 month on 1 month off basis.. My employer secured me a Work Permit. There are about more than 10 of us before but our number reduced as years go by due to regulations.I was initially hospitalized in Thailand and later went home to the Philippines to continue my treatment. I am a Filipino citizen Can I claim some benefits for this?

    • April 13, 2020

      May I ask if you refer to benefits from the social security office or benefits from Chevron? If this is a cliam from Chevron, please send us a detailed email at [email protected]