For those who have experienced Thailand and want to return year after year for vacations, or are looking to move to the Land of Smiles and start a new life; the Thailand Elite Privilege Access Visa is a perfect choice. It is for people who are ready to call Thailand their second home without worrying about ongoing visa and immigration issues. It is for those who seek convenience for 10 years and want nothing but the best. Thailand Elite Privilege offers this solution through their Thailand Elite visa scheme.
There are many long-term visa options for Thailand. These visas have age, financial, or educational eligibility requirements. Most of them are 12-month visas that need to be renewed if you want to remain in Thailand for another year. Some cannot be extended past 12 months.
The Elite Privilege Access visa is offered by the Thailand Privilege Card Company Limited, which is a subsidiary of the Ministry of Tourism and Sports. They promote Thailand to affluent visitors who are looking for long-term access to the country, whether as a holiday destination or home. Their visas bypass many requirements and restrictions to offer longevity, ease of use, and additional benefits for its members. Thai Elite visas offer exclusivity to foreigners during their time in Thailand, and there are multiple visa options to suit any personal or financial lifestyle.
Foreign Nationals who are familiar with what Thailand offers and know they want to be there for the next decade can enter the country with the Elite Privilege Access visa. This visa is perfect for singles, remote workers, retirees, entrepreneurs, and potential investors who are ready for change and think long-term. It offers benefits beyond other Thai Elite visas and secures unlimited access to the country for years.
Overview of the Elite Privilege Access
The Thai Elite Privilege Access is a 10-year tourist visa. For those wanting a holiday visa, it allows unlimited entries to Thailand over the 10-year term, so members can visit as often as they want and stay for up to a year at a time.
If you are looking for a living visa, an Elite Privilege Access visa allows you to stay in Thailand for up to a year before needing to exit and reenter. There is no minimum time a member must leave the country, nor any minimum stay requirement. You can return home or visit another country for a day before returning. If your situation does not allow you to exit at the end of a year, you can contact Thailand Elite Privilege and they will help you extend your stay for another year.
Elite Privilege Access has few eligibility requirements. A member does not need to prove income or hold money in a Thai bank account. There are no age restrictions for members. Members do not need to complete any immigration interviews or renew their visa annually.
Immigration will complete a background check under due diligence and if a potential member does not have a criminal record or an outstanding overstay in Thailand, they are welcome to apply. The member pays their visa fee upon approval, and a visa is issued for the first 5 years. A second 5-year visa will be issued at no additional cost.
An Elite Privilege Access holder receives expedited immigration formalities and passport control processing when arriving in Thailand. A concierge service is available and travelers are met at the airport by a private limousine to take them to their accommodation. All a member needs to do is advise Thai Elite Privilege of their arrival date.
Thailand Elite Privilege wants their visa holders to feel special. They are VIP visitors in Thailand and Elite Privilege Access members will receive nothing but the best. When staying for extended periods, foreigners are required to complete “90-day reporting” at a local Thai Immigration Office. Elite Privilege Access members will have a Thai Elite staff member organize and represent them for this immigration formality. There are no long queues or waiting for Thai Elite visa holders.
Thai Elite Privilege Access members receive discounts and benefits at many shopping outlets, restaurants, and leisure activities throughout Thailand. They are welcome at many exclusive golf courses and spa resorts. They can present their Thai Elite Privilege card at any partner location and receive these benefits. The best part is these benefits extend to visiting friends and family.
An additional benefit for Elite Privilege Access members is their free annual medical check-up. Foreigners are not eligible for free medical care in Thailand, and this service is offered above other Thai Elite visas.
Elite Privilege Access is perfect for those who have tasted Thailand and know it is where they want to be for at least the next 10 years. The visa has a one-time fee of 1,000,000 baht that is paid on visa approval, so there is no cost to the applicant if their visa is not approved. Another benefit of Privilege access is that additional family members can be added to the visa at any time for a discounted fee of 800,000 baht. They will receive the same 10-year visa and benefits as the primary member.
An Elite Privilege Access cannot be upgraded to a longer Thai Elite Visa. At the end of the 10-year term, members can reapply for a new 10-year visa.
Elite Privilege Access
- 10-year Tourist Visa with unlimited entries
- Issued as 2 x 5-year visas. The second term has no additional costs.
- Up to 1 year stay per arrival. Can be extended to 2 years per arrival.
- 1,000,000 Thai Baht with no annual fee
- Additional family members can apply for 800,000 Thai Baht/person
- Assistance with bank accounts, licenses & 90-day reporting
- Expedited arrival processing and private limousine to and from the airport
- Shopping & leisure benefits. Exclusive access to golf courses and spa resorts
- Free annual medical check
Applying for your Elite Privilege Access Visa
The easiest way to apply for an Elite Privilege Access visa is through one of Thai Elite’s registered agents. Working with an agent, you can apply while in Thailand, or from your home country. The process will normally take 1-3 months depending on your nationality, and the agent will advise what information they need in order to submit the application on your behalf.
The advantage to working with a registered agent is they can provide additional services to make your transition and time in Thailand easier. They provide one-on-one service from start to finish and keep you updated on the progress or any outstanding requirements of your application.
1. Application Submission
The first step is to contact your agent. They can advise what visa might best suit you and how to start the process. An agent will send you a questionnaire with the initial information needed. This will include:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Passport number and validity dates
- Contact details
- Current visas or information about previous overstays in Thailand
If you are applying for an additional family member, a questionnaire is completed for each person. Upon receiving your completed questionnaire, they will prefill your Thai Elite application form and email it to you for signing.
Your application will include:
- A signed application form
- Colour copy of your passport profile page
- A high-quality passport-sized photo
Your agent will submit the signed application on your behalf and liaise with Thailand Elite Privilege and Immigration. They will advise if any additional information is needed for approval.
2. Background Check
Thailand Immigration will conduct a background check for all applicants. This check will include:
- Criminal convictions within Thailand or another country
- Any outstanding overstays in Thailand (where an overstay fee has not been paid)
- If an applicant has any current active visas in Thailand, i.e. Education, Retirement, or Work Visa. Existing visas must be canceled before a Thai Elite Visa can receive final approval.
3. Payment of Membership fee (credit card or bank transfer)
No payment is needed until you receive final approval. When your visa is approved, you will receive a Welcome Letter from Thailand Elite Privilege and your agent. The letter outlines the next steps in starting your visa and the full benefits available to you.
You will also receive a letter with all payment options available. The visa fee can be completed by credit card, international bank transfer, or internal transfer if you already have a Thai bank account. The fee is payable as a single amount upon approval. If you have a daily transfer limit, you can discuss the situation with your agent.
From the time you receive your approval and welcome letter, an Elite Privilege Access member has 3 months to pay their visa fee and start their visa term.
4. Issuance of the visa (embassy, airport, or Thai immigration)
There are several options available for affixing your visa to your passport.
- A member can visit the Thai Embassy in their country
- A member can be met at the airport when they arrive in Bangkok, Thailand, and have the visa affixed before completing passport control
- An appointment can be made to visit the Thai Embassy in Bangkok
Working with an agent streamlines the above process and allows a central point of correspondence. There are no additional fees payable when enlisting the service of a good registered agent.
Additional Considerations and Restrictions
When conducting a background check, an applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Not having been sentenced by a judgment to imprisonment in any country except for an offense committed to negligence
- Not having been adjudicated bankrupt
- Not having been declared as a person of unsound mind, incompetence, or quasi-incompetence
Working in Thailand
Thai Elite Visas are classified as Tourist Visa. In order to work or earn income within Thailand, a person must hold a valid work permit. This permit is not offered under a Thai Elite visa. If a person wants to seek employment or start a business in Thailand, they can contact their Thai Elite agent and discuss avenues of attaining a work permit.
There are some countries that are restricted to apply. Citizens from the countries are not eligible for a Thailand Elite Visa:
- Africa: Central Africa, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Republic of the Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Guinea, Ghana, Liberia, Nigeria, Sao Tome, Principe, Sierra Leone, Somalia, and Sudan.
- Middle East: Algeria, Iraq, Egypt, Iran, Lebanon, Libya, Palestine, Syria, and Yemen
- Asia: North Korea, Afghanistan, Nepal, Pakistan, and Sri-Lanka
Why Choose Thailand as Your New Home?
There are many reasons people holiday or relocate to Thailand.
Thailand Has a Low Cost of Living
- Living outside the city can be done at a very low cost
- It is true that Bangkok & Phuket can be expensive for luxury living
- Food options
- Reasonable transport system
Thailand offers First-Class Medical Care
- Thailand boosts some of the best medical facilities in Asia
- It costs a fraction of health services in Western countries
Thailand is the Prime Travel Destination for SE Asia
- Thai airports provide easy access to many SE Asia destinations using LCC airlines
It is hard to imagine any positives that came from the pandemic. One positive is that people appreciate international travel more. Knowing how it feels to have choices taken away, many travelers now consider heading abroad long-term. Rather than organizing short getaways, people want to spend more time in countries to enjoy themselves.
This is the strength of Thailand Elite Visas. They allow people to spend more time in a country they love or give people the ability to start a new lifestyle after being trapped at home for so long. Extended visas cut through a lot of bureaucracy and people can immerse themselves in new cultures or try something new for more than a week or a month.
For inquiries about the Thai Elite Visa Application, please use this form to contact us.