Income affidavit from home for visa?

Income Affidavit

It seems that to prove my credentials of monthly income of THB 65,000 I need to submit the related documents to Embassy in Bangkok and I need to get an affidavit from the embassy. Now my question is that instead of doing this formalities in Bangkok can I get it done from my home country, as it will be much convenient for me to get it done here?

The income affidavit should be obtained at your embassy here in Bangkok. any letter or proof being obtained from your home country will only be used as supporting documents in addition to the affidavit issued by your embassy in Thailand.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. linda howe
    February 28, 2017

    My husband and I are thinking of retiring in Thailand. We have friends who live in Chiang Mai. We are Canadian citizens. I am also a citizen of the UK. We own our house here in Canada and by the time we sell everything we own we would have around 12,000,000 baht. We also have over $200,000 in retirement income, which we would like to take out at $1,000.00 per month as income as we would have sufficient savings to do so. My question is, would we be allowed to do that? Thank you.

    • March 17, 2017

      Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern. If you are already 50 years old and above, and you have these funds, yes both of you can apply for the Retirement Visa to Thailand. Each of you should open a separate Thai bank account and deposit at least 800,000 THB each for at least two months before lodging your visa application. Should you have further questions or you require assistance from our Thai visa expert, you can send an email to [email protected].

  2. Sayah mouchali
    July 20, 2016

    I’m citizen in USA and my wife have green card and Syrian passport we like to visit Bangkok for 3 weeks but I don’t know if we need visa or not. Please let me know.


    • August 1, 2016

      For US passport holders, you are not required to apply for a visa. You can enter for a maximum of 30 days without a visa.

      For Syrian passport holders, a tourist visa is required prior to your travel to Thailand. Kindly contact the Thai embassy or consulate near your residence for assistance with the visa application.

  3. daniel
    June 16, 2015

    I am a retired 60 year old American and wish to be able to travel freely in Thailand. However, I have no intention to rent/buy a condo as I prefer to stay in hotels year around. I would probably stay in Thailand 6 to 8 months per year with occasional trips outside of Thailand. I’ve been doing this the last 5 years utilizing the visa on arrival … but would now like to not travel so much.

    Will I be able to obtain a multiple entry retirement visa without a permanent address in Thailand?

    I have no problem meeting the financial requirements.

    • June 18, 2015

      Hi Daniel!

      Thank you for contacting us. We have featured your inquiry on our FAQ section. You can view the entire reply here.

      One of the requirements when applying for the one year extension of stay based on retirement is the proof of permanent residence in Thailand. Documents such as purchase agreement and lease contract are needed during the application. While some immigration offices accepts a 3-month condominium or apartment lease period, a longer contract may be required in other provinces.