Turning 50 in Thailand wanting to retire

Hello! I stay in Hua Hin and have just turned 50 and want a retirement visa. I have sufficient funds in the bank. Can I go to the local immigration office or do I have to use someone like yourself to do the necessary paperwork etc.?

Applying for a retirement visa would differ on every Thai immigration offices in Thailand. You may try to apply for a visa on your own, yet, please know that there is no guarantee on the outcome of the application. It is best to seek assistance to know more about the process for guaranteed approval.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. Jan
    October 15, 2016

    Is there an upper age limit for a candidate to apply for a work visa?

    • October 18, 2016

      There is no age limit specified. As long as you are able to perform work and meet the requirements for the visa, then you can apply for the Non Immigrant B Visa (Employment).