Getting married to a Thai in the US

Couple in Thailand

Hi. I am an American born and raised in the USA. I went to Thailand and I met a woman. I would like to know how to bring her to America to visit and marry her while in the US.

The appropriate visa created to allow U.S. citizens to bring their Thai girlfriends to America, not to tour the country but to get married is on a K1 visa. It is a single entry visa which is only valid for one visit to the U.S. and can only last for 90 days. Upon arrival in the U.S., you have 90 days to marry her or else it would be considered as a visa violation on her part. After the marriage, she must then travel back to Thailand and apply for a Settlement visa for her to stay with you for long term in the US.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.


No Comment