Foreigners getting married what’s needed?

Legal Documents

We are both foreigners and want to get married in Thailand. What are the documents that both of us need?

In order to complete the Thai marriage registration, both parties need to obtain an affirmation of freedom to marry from your respective embassies. The specific list of documents needed would be such items as your passport, divorce or death certificate and the like. These would be required before coming to Thailand in order to obtain the affirmation of freedom to marry from the embassy.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.


No Comment