Getting married requires long stay?

Thai Marriage Certificate

My partner and I want to get married in Thailand. We were told you need to stay there at least 7 days before perform the ceremony otherwise the marriage certificate is voided in UK. Is this correct?

The legal marriage registration will be completed in just 3-5 business days. Somehow, it would also depend on each nationality. Marriage registration in Thailand is recognized under Thai law, once your marriage documents are translated and legalized, it will then be recognized in your home country or abroad.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



    May 26, 2020

    Hi good morning,
    Me and my gf living In abu Dhabi i am from Pakistan my gf from thiland we want to get marred and registered what is the process and what documents required….please send me datail answer…thanks u so much…please inform me on my whtsapp or email….00971564723757

    • June 4, 2020

      The first requirement is a Thai visa that is good for 2 months because the marriage process will take up to 4 to 6 weeks. Also, you have to ask your Thai fiancee to check with her local amphur if they would be able to register a marriage between Thai and Pakistan.

  2. nerissa secjadas
    March 4, 2017

    Hi, my Thai boyfriend and I (pilipino) am planning to get married in Thailand. Do I need to translate affidavit of freedom to marry here in the Philippines or need to translate it in the Philippine embassy in Thailand?

    • March 17, 2017

      Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern. Since you and your boyfriend are getting married in Thailand, your affidavit of freedom to to marry should be translated into Thai and be legalized at the MFA in Thailand.