Thai wife’s bank balance acceptable?

Thai Bank Statement

I do not have a Thai bank account, but my wife does. I send her about 8,000 USD a month. I am currently paid about 14,000 USD a month, will this be enough to apply for a marriage visa?

There are some options to choose from in order to meet the financial requirements for the Marriage visa. If you do not have a Thai bank account, you may open one under your name and deposit the amount of 400,000 THB. But, if you are earning a monthly income of 14,000 USD, then, this is sufficient in order to apply for a marriage visa.

You just need to provide evidences for this income which will be presented at your embassy in Thailand to obtain the income affidavit for the application.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. Mark
    July 20, 2019

    Hi I’m a British passport holder and I cannot obtain a proof of income letter from my embassy anymore, yet I have over 2 years of more than 40,000 Baht income into a Thai bank account from my overseas job. Can I show my bank book and obtain a 1-year marriage visa?

    • July 23, 2019


      Yes, you are able to show your Thai bank account passbook showing you receive the regular monthly transfer of more than 40,000 baht in you’re your account. There should be at least 12 months regular transfer and you can get a FET certificate from your bank to confirm that the funds are from abroad.

  2. Darrell Naill
    January 29, 2018

    For US citizens, does both myself and spouse submit separate applications for O-A visas

    • June 5, 2018

      If you are applying for O-A visa for both US citizens, you need to apply it separately. If you need assistance for this type of visa, you can email our consultant at [email protected]