Thai Marriage Visa Requirements

Requirements Checklist

I want to apply for a marriage visa, I still do not have the 400,000 THB in my Thai bank but my wife has an income. Can I use her income instead to apply for a marriage visa?

The monthly income requirement is for the applicant and you cannot use your spouse’s income in order to support the marriage visa application. You need to use your income for the application process.


See more questions and answers on the Frequently Asked Questions page of this website


You can also search our entire FAQ section to find the answers to your question/s. Use the search tool below.

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.



  1. william
    January 18, 2024

    what papers i need 4 marriage visa extension

  2. Stan
    June 1, 2018

    I am married to a thai national some years ago its very strange that i read the man is to have 400.000 baht to his bank to support the marriage well i was married im bangkok legally and im australian but i assure to people no persons ever asked mywife or myself how much monies we had i certainly did not have 400.000 baht and my wife never had such monies in her life

    • June 4, 2018

      Hi Stan,

      The 400,000THB is one of the financial requirement inorder for you to obtain a marriage visa ( long term visa) to Thailand. If you aim to live in Thailand with your Thai wife, the best option is marriage visa and it has a financial requirement to obtain the visa. The 400,000THB financial requirement is just one of the two financial requirements, the other one is 40,000THB monthly income. If you have more questions kindly contact our support at [email protected].


  3. ole schmidt
    April 16, 2018

    am marriage to a Thai but I would like to have a Marriage visa, what are I’m needed, and how long time will it take, please can you help me/ ole

    • June 1, 2018

      If you are married to a Thai national, we can assist you in obtaining a Non-immigrant O visa ( Marriage visa). Kindly contact our immigration consultant directly for more information: [email protected]

  4. Carl
    March 28, 2018

    I just got an non immigrant 90day o visa I’m married to a Thai got visa in London UK , you need copy wife’s Thai passport , copy of card , copy marriage certificate that’s in Thai, but also gave an translated copy, plus copy wife’s, house details book, and 3 months of my bank statements showing earn £1400 a month or more got visa next day all done in person cost £50

  5. Gyorgy Kiszli
    March 14, 2017

    I recently married my Thai lady and I am looking at how to apply for a marriage visa as I have had many contradictory ways to apply.

    • March 17, 2017

      Thank you for contacting us regarding your concern. First you need to go to your wife’s district office and acquire your “koror 2” and “koror 3” documents. Then, you can apply for the 90-day non-O visa at the Thai consulates in nearby countries which later on can be extended to 1 year marriage visa inside Thailand.

  6. Chris Turner
    September 29, 2016

    I am a UK national married to a Thai national in the UK with a UK marriage certificate. Would I be required to register our marriage in Thailand to apply for a marriage visa?

    • September 30, 2016

      Your wife will need to report the marriage to Thai authorities and update her records so that you can apply for the marriage visa.

  7. Taylor
    September 28, 2016

    I would like to join my Thai husband in Thailand. The Bangkok immigration page did not state the need for proof of income or finances for wives of Thai men. Is it confirmed?

    • September 30, 2016

      Kindly get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate where you wish to submit your application to confirm if you will be required to submit proof of finances.

  8. Diana Nafiah
    August 12, 2016

    To whom it may concern,

    My name is Diana. I’m Indonesian. My husband (he’s french nationality) has got a job in Bangkok recently. His company is on progress in making him a working visa in Thailand right now. My question, is it possible to apply by myself a dependent visa to his working visa applied by his company? (For me to be able to join him in Bangkok). If so, what are the requirements and how? Thank you so much before.

    • August 17, 2016

      Yes, you may apply for a dependent visa based on his Business visa. Kindly get in touch with the Thai embassy or consulate in your current location to inquire about applying for the visa.

  9. Chris Norris
    July 20, 2016

    I have an Non-immigrant “O” and I am married to a Thai national and we have one child. Can I extend my visa for a Non immigrant “O” multi entry visa? How do I do this and what documentation will I need?

    • August 1, 2016

      Kindly contact a local immigration office near your residence in Thailand to inquire about extending your Non-immigrant O visa. A multiple re-entry permit can also be applied for at the an immigration office in Thailand.

  10. Daniella
    April 14, 2016

    To whom it may concern,

    I received a non immigrant visa B for a teaching job in Bangkok. However, I am a bit confused as to how or what visa my husband might need to join me. Neither of us our Thai.

    • April 25, 2016

      If you are legally married, your husband may apply for a dependent visa to live with you in Thailand. For more information about this visa, please contact the nearest Thai Embassy or Consulate in your country.

  11. Eve Lim
    July 20, 2015

    I’m a Singaporean and my husband is Thai. We register our marriage in Singapore only. If our baby is born in Singapore as a citizen. Can our baby apply as a PR in Thailand?
    In order to apply a marriage visa for myself, we must register our marriage in Thailand?

    • July 28, 2015

      Hi Eve!

      Your baby can get a Thai citizenship, not a PR. Under the Thai law, a person born anywhere in the world to at least one parent with Thai citizenship is entitled to Thai citizenship at birth.

      On the subject of applying for a marriage visa, your marriage with your Thai husband must be registered in Thailand in order to qualify for the application.

  12. Amr
    July 20, 2015

    I am Egyptian citizen ,I am university graduate ,and I am studying in USA mechanical field ,was wondering can I go to thailand and get a job and legal documents

    • July 20, 2015

      Your ability to land on a job in Thailand will be influenced by your qualifications, the preferences and policies of those companies who are offering jobs to foreign workers, and the type of job for which you are applying. It is best if you can start your job application before you even enter Thailand. You can do this by looking for job vacancies online. On the other hand, it is at your own risk to travel here and do your job hunting once inside.

    • Mark
      March 12, 2016

      Hi Amr, I am an Egyptian too and live and carry the Australian citizenship. I’ve been to Thailand a few times. How did you go with your application?