Thailand Pass

Thailand Pass

Entering Thailand is not as easy as before COVID-19 existed. Now, there are multiple travel restrictions present, and travelers had to gather numerous required documents. Included in the required documents is the Certificate of Entry (COE), a certificate required to be obtained by anyone who will enter Thailand which requires time, effort to process and patience.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in collaboration with the Digital Government Development Agency (DGDA) is currently developing the Thailand Pass System to replace the Certificate of Entry (COE) system.

With the proposed full reopening of Thailand, along with its easing restrictions and the goal to revitalize the economy, Thai Authorities are planning to replace the slow-paced COE system with a faster Thailand Pass system to be used starting on November 1, 2021.

What Is Thailand Pass

The Thailand Pass system is a free-of-charge web-based system designed to make the documentation process of travelers entering Thailand more efficient than the Certificate of Entry application.

Just like the Certificate of Entry, it will collect data for entry forms required, but what makes it better than the Certificate of Entry (COE) is that it collects both travel and health information like vaccine certificates and it will help facilitate the filing of the TM6 and T8 Forms.

Through the Thailand Pass system, the expected documents and other paperwork requirements imposed on by the COVID-19 will be addressed.

The goal of the new Thailand Pass is to help support the country’s “Ease of Travel” system after it reopens and to expedite the process of filling out information and uploading travel documents.

Who Can Apply for the Thailand Pass

The Thailand Pass is required for all travelers whether Thai or foreigners based on the following travel restrictions:

1. Fully Vaccinated from the Listed Countries
    Fully vaccinated travelers, both Thai and foreigners will be allowed to enter Thailand without mandatory quarantine or sandbox stay. They only need to stay for 1 night in an ASQ or SHA+ Hotel while they wait for the COVID 19 RT-PCR test result that was taken upon arrival.  The quarantine-free program is initially available for low-risk countries, and currently, there are 63 countries on the list. You must have stayed in these countries for at least 21 days before traveling to Thailand (except for those who traveled from Thailand). Unvaccinated children below 12 years old may travel with vaccinated parents without quarantine.List of Eligible Countries for No Quarantine
  2. Fully Vaccinated under Sandbox Program (for all countries)
    Fully vaccinated travelers who are coming from non-listed countries are eligible to enter Thailand without quarantine. They must enter Thailand under the Sandbox Programs such as Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin, Chiang Mai, Phuket or Samui Sandbox. They are required to spend a minimum of 7 nights in an accredited SHA+ Hotel in these Sandbox areas before they will be allowed to travel to other parts of Thailand. Unvaccinated children above 12 years old but below 18 years old may travel with vaccinated parents without quarantine under the sandbox program.
  3. Non-Vaccinated under Quarantine Program
    Non-vaccinated or partially vaccinated travelers are still allowed to travel to Thailand. They must undergo a mandatory quarantine of 10 nights in an accredited ASQ or AQ quarantine hotel before they will be allowed to travel to other parts of Thailand.

What are the Requirements for the Thailand Pass

In support of the “Ease of Travel”, there are only a few requirements that one will need to be able to obtain a QR entry code and enter Thailand. Listed below are the requirements:

• Passport
  • Vaccination Certificate or Card
  • COVID-19 Health Insurance Certificate
  • Confirmed ASQ hotel booking or Confirmed SHA+ hotel booking (with pre-booked RT PCR test)
  • Flight Booking

How to Apply for Thailand Pass

The Thailand Pass System is a QR code generating system.

To obtain a QR entry code or Thailand Pass ID, travelers will have to:

• Register at Thailand Pass web portal
  • Input personal details
  • Upload the required documents
  • Receive a confirmation email after registration (within seconds after registration)
  • Wait for the Thailand Pass approval (within an hour or up to 7 days)

And if approved, you will receive an email of your QR Entry Code or Thailand Pass ID which you will use upon entering Thailand.

1. Apply for Thailand Pass by Yourself

You may apply for the Thailand Pass directly on the MFA website: https://tp.consular.go.th/

If you have already applied by yourself and you need to check the status, please go to: https://tp.consular.go.th/en/check-status

2. Thailand Pass Application Service by Siam Legal

Application for the Thailand Pass is free-of-charge and you do not need any assistance to apply for it. However, there may be instances where some individuals may voluntarily choose a paid service provider such as a law firm to provide consultation, assist them to prepare their documents, and submit them on their behalf. Individuals may encounter problems with their documents that are not being uploaded properly or some information or documents that are deemed unacceptable to the Thai embassy or consulate that may cause delay or rejection of your Thailand Pass application, so it may be helpful to retain a service provider to assist you with the application. These paid Thailand Pass services offered by Siam Legal are listed below.

How long does it take to Process the Thailand Pass

The processing time for the Thailand Pass application is 5 to 7 days depending on the Thai Embassy or Consulate where the application has been submitted. It is recommended to apply for the Thailand pass at least 7 days before your intended departure.

Thailand Pass

Recommended COVID Insurance

Based on experience, the common problem for  Thailand Pass applications being rejected and travelers being denied to board their flight is that some insurance policies are not properly worded. Your COVID 19 insurance must expressly state that it covers up to 50,000 USD medical expenses including COVID 19 and it must cover your whole stay in Thailand. The Thailand Pass system only accepts one attachment therefore it is important to have a one-page Certificate of Insurance with all the required information. To purchase the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thai Embassy or airline, please click the link below:

COVID Travel Insurance Thailand

Siam Legal Visa and Thailand Pass Application Assistance

Package 1: 200 USD (Visa + Thailand Pass)

• Online Visa Consultation
  • Extensive checklist of required documents
  • Assistance in Thai e-visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa and 60-day TR visa)
  • Assistance in Thailand Pass application
  • 3 to 4 weeks process
  • Available in the US, UK, and Canada visa applications only

Package 2: 100 USD (Thailand Pass)

• Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
  • Extensive checklist of required documents
  • Assistance in Thailand Pass application (including Visa holders and Visa Exemption)
  • 5 to 7 days process
  • Available for Thai and foreign nationals

Thailand Pass Support: https://www.siam-legal.com/thailand-pass

Thailand Pass Support

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This form collects your name, email and content so that we can keep track of the comments placed on the website. By submitting this form, you accepted and agreed on our privacy policy and terms.

538 Comments

1. Ian Morrison
    November 15, 2021

Hi. I am travelling to Phuket next month with my wife and 5 year old daughter. Do we each need an individual Thaipass completed or can my daughters be added to one of the adults or can we do a family one for all 3 of us? She is unvaccinated

Kind regards

• November 17, 2021

Dear Ian,

Good day.
      Your child can be included in one of the parents’ application. Unvaccinated children may travel with fully vaccinated parent and will be allowed to join the Test and Go program.

2. tina
    November 15, 2021

hi, COE and this thai pass is different ? or just one?
    what should i need to get enter thailand for nextmonth

• November 15, 2021

Hi Tina,

As of 1 November 2021, the COE has been replaced by Thailand Pass. You will only need a Thailand Pass when entering Thailand.

3. Mohamed
    November 15, 2021

Hi
    I have work prmit holder here Thailand
    I travel to Sri Lanka for one week business trip so, my question is I need a Thai pass , thanks

• November 15, 2021

Hi Mohamed,

Yes all travelers entering Thailand will need a Thailand Pass regardless of visa or citizenship.

4. Jason
    November 14, 2021

I am an Australian wishing to travel in Thailand. Does the term “Non-Thai National” apply to me ?

• November 15, 2021

Hi Jason,

Yes, if you do not have a Thai passport you must apply under Non-Thai National.

5. Celine Bhugwandass
    November 13, 2021

Hello,
    I have obtained my thailand pass, QR Code. Do I still need a coe? If you download the app they ask for the COE number, but I don’t have one. Is the app still needed when you have a QR code?

• November 15, 2021

Hi Celine,

You will only need the Thailand Pass with QR code.

6. Robert
    November 12, 2021

Hello, my Thailand Pass approval email states, as an entry requirement:
    ‘1.3 Medical certificate with a laboratory result indicating that COVID-19 is not detected through RT-PCR test (issued within 72 hours before departure).’ Does the ‘issued within 72 hours before departure’ refer to the date/time the certificate itself is issued, or does it refer to the date/time the test was actually done? Thank you.

• November 12, 2021

Dear Robert,

Good day.
      In order to be on the safe side, I recommend to country 72 hours for the date and time of the RT PCR test itself.

7. Joshua
    November 12, 2021

Hi,

When applying for a Thailand pass, on the vaccination page, it asks for both the 1st dose and 2nd dose certificates. But I only have the certificate for my 2nd dose which also shows that I am fully vaccinated. Will this be enough? What should I fill in on the 1st dose space?

• November 12, 2021

Dear Joshua,

Good day.
      You need to provide the information of the first dose and attached whatever document you have pertaining to the first dose, it can be a letter or a card.
      For the second dose, you can attach the certificate and you can also attach the QR code.

8. paul
    November 12, 2021

I’m filling in thailand pass for travelling from philippines. it’s on the list of eligible countries for no quarantine but it isn’t in the drop down menu for nationality in the thailand pass registration system. What should be selected?

• November 12, 2021

Dear Paul,

Good day.
      I just checked it now, it is in the drop down menu together with the other 62 countries. As for nationality, you choose FILIPINO if the person holds Philippine Passport.

9. Brian Kelly
    November 12, 2021

Hi Rex
    I’m booked to travel to Thailand in late December, I will be in transit in BKK on route to Puchket the same day is this OK and I do the required 1 night hotel quarantine in Puchket and not Bangkok. I look forward to your reply

• November 12, 2021

Dear Brian,

Good day.
      At this time, domestic flight from BKK to Phuket is not possible without 1 night stay in Bangkok. If your flight lands in Bangkok, you need to stay in Bangkok and take COVID test. Once you have tested negative, you can travel to Phuket. Usually it is an overnight stay in an AQ or SHA+ hotel in Bangkok.

10. Claude
    November 11, 2021

Where can I book the RT-PCR test at the arrival? And is it the test supposed to be done at the airport at the arrival or at the hotel? Thanks

Dear Claude,

Good day.
      If you are entering Thailand through Phuket, you can book the COVID test in advance at http://www.thailandpsas.com
      If you are entering through Bangkok, you must book it with the AQ or SHA+ Hotel. You can search for the Test and Go Packages.

11. Robert Scott
    November 11, 2021

I applied for a Thai Pass 2 weeks ago and received acknowledgement but haven’t received the pas. I’m married to a Thai and fly back on 14th November

Dear Robert,

Good day.
      Since you registered using Yahoo, your QR code may be delayed or there may be a problem in receiving it. It has only been 10 days, you you have applied less than 2 weeks ago. If you have not received it after 7 business day, may I recommend for you to call the Thailand Pass contact center or email support@tp.consular.go.th

12. Tony Bennett
    November 11, 2021

I applied for a Thai pass 2nd Nov received a confirmation as of today nothing.
    Resubmitted 9th again received a confirmation.
    I have no faith in getting the pass what on earth is going on?

Dear Tony,

13. Waldemar
    November 11, 2021

What exactly Fully Vaccinated means?
    Is Jhonson&Jhonson one doze vaccine is ok to enter Thailand?
    What to do if I have Jhonson&Jhonson one doze vaccine and this is not good to enter Thailand?

Dear Waldemar,

Good day.
      Fully vaccinated means you have received the required amount of vaccination for your vaccine brand. For Janssen, you are only required to have one dose.

14. Lennart

Hello,

I am approved for the Thailand travel pass and already received the QR code. However, my arrival date is one day later then stated in the travel pass. My arrival date is 20th November, but the travelpass shows the 19th November. Do I need to change it? An if so, how do I change it?

Dear Lennart,

You may register again and correct the date of arrival. Alternatively, you can use the same Thailand Pass and explain to the airline that your are allowed to travel within 72 hours from the date of your original travel stated in the first application.

15. Bob
    November 11, 2021

Hi There, if I’ve had covid but have not been vaccinated what pass should I apply for?

Dear Bob,

Good day.
      You may qualify for No Quarantine or Sandbox but you need to submit a proof of recovery.

16. Kohler Panzer
    November 11, 2021

What happens if i have registered last week but have no QR code when i arrive in Thailand?

17. Mary Grace
    November 11, 2021

Good afternoon, we will travel from Manila to Phuket with a stop in Bangkok. Thai airways all along; staing in transit in the airport.
    Is it ok to go directly to the SHA+ house in Phuket or we need to stay 1 day in Bangkok,

• November 15, 2021

Hi Mary,

You will need to complete Test and Go in Bangkok before you can travel to Phuket.

18. Houm pheng Somsanith
    November 11, 2021

I am US citizen I have bought a travel ticket and booked 1 night Hotel in สุวรรณภูมิ Thailand
    Departure from Seattle Washington on Dec 25th 2021 to Thailand and returned on Jan 31 2022
    I had full vaccination on March 1st mMarch 29th 2021
    What do I need to do to eligible to enter Thailand

Hi Houm,

You will need to apply for a Thailand Pass at tp.consular.go.th. You will need to upload your flight and hotel bookings, a Covid insurance, and proof of vaccination. We recommend applying for the pass at least 7 days before your flight.

19. Tamara
    November 11, 2021

I am Romanian citizen living and working as a Permanent Resident in Japan. Do I need to apply for a separate visa as a tourist to stay in Thailand? I am planning a holiday for 45 days. Thank you.

Hi Tamara,

Romanian passport holders are eligible for visa on arrival for stay of up to 15 days. If you would like to stay for 45 days, you will need to apply for a tourist visa. If you require assistance, please contact us at https://www.siam-legal.com/contactus.php.

20. jack streeter
    November 11, 2021

Hey, my girlfriend and I recently applied for thailand passes, on her application in the ‘first name’ section she has put both of her given names, however on her NHS covid pass which shows the dates of vaccination it only shows her first name due to how data is presented here, will this be a problem? If so should she fill out another pass? We are planning to arrive on 19/11. Thanks

Dear Jack,

No, that will not cause any problem.

21. Chloe
    November 11, 2021

Hi, I am booking a one way ticket to Thailand but only staying for the duration of 30 days. I have another flight ticket out of the country to Cambodia. When applying for the Thai Pass, I only have submitted my one way ticket into Thailand. Will my application be denied? Where can I submit my prof of departure from Thailand after the allowed 30 days?

Dear Chloe,

When you apply for the Thailand Pass, it only ask for the date of arrival and flight number. It will also ask for the date of exit, but you can just put a date that is 28 or 29 days after arrival if you are entering under Visa Exemption.

22. Anne-Marie Foster
    November 10, 2021

Is a Covid 19 PCR test required to enter Thailand?
    Am I able to travel to other eligible countries from Canada (example UK for 7 days, United Emirates for 4 days) before I arrive in Thailand?
    Do I need to have an outbound flight for the Thailand pass to be approved?

Dear Anne-Marie,

Good day.
      Yes, you can travel to the UK and UAE. But while you are in those countries, you can apply for Thailand Pass under the Sandbox Program only. Yes, RT PCR taken within 72 hours before flight date is required.

23. Nagendra
    November 10, 2021

Hello guys
    I am seafarer need to join the ship in thailand.
    Can i get my thailand pass in one day if everything Is ready e.g (insurance,asq,visa).
    Thankyou

Dear Nagendra,

Some people get it in few minutes and other people get it in 6 days. It really depends on the documents that were submitted.

24. Frank
    November 10, 2021

Hi I applied for my Thai pass 4 days ago but did not receive a confirmation email

Dear Frank,

Since you are using LIVE mail, that was the problem. Please register again and use GMail.

25. Paul Phillips
    November 8, 2021

Hi, I am applying for the qr code to enter Thailand, thank you.

26. Charleen
    November 8, 2021

I am travelling to Thailand more than once. Must I apply for the Thailand Pass each time?

• November 10, 2021

Hi Charleen,

The Thailand Pass can only be used once. You must apply a Thailand Pass each time you enter the country.

27. JOHN HART
    November 8, 2021

Can I get my Thailand pass at my local Thai Embassy instead of doing it online? I could bring all my documents and fill out the form there at the Embassy. I would rather do it this way because I am not very good at using a computer. I am going to Thailand for two weeks at Christmas. I have already booked eight days at a SHA PLUS hotel in Bangkok.

• November 8, 2021

Hi John,

No, unfortunately you can only apply for a Thailand Pass online at tp.consular.go.th.

28. Amos Goh
    November 8, 2021

Hello
    My Name is Amos Goh. I had Purchased my Air Ticket & AXA insurance already. Can I have the link to apply my Thai Pass to enter Phuket on 1/12/2021. I’m a APEC card holder.
    Thanks

29. Stuart Hutt
    November 8, 2021

I’m an elderly man , this is so difficult to complete all these form for visa and Thailand pass , any to top it off the computer programs seem overloaded and in inefficient,we all had to buy plane tickets in advance,assuming the process will be completed and accepted, how many of us will have to pay hundreds of dollars airline change fees and much anguish, sawade kap, Stuart

30. Yashmina
    November 8, 2021

Where is the link to apply for the pass?

31. jeff hall
    November 8, 2021

Hi,
    I am trying a plan a tourist visit from the UK but i can only find indirect flights.
    If i fly from the UK with a 2 hour stop-over in another green listed country e.g. Germany, will i still be able to apply for a no-quarantine pass or am i prevented from applying because i didnt spend 28 days in the stopover country e.g. Germany.

• November 8, 2021

Hi Jeff,

You are exempted from quarantine but must spend one night at an AQ/SHA+ hotel to await your Covid-19 test results you take upon arrival.

32. James A. Paulsen
    November 7, 2021

May I use medicare as proof of insurance?

• November 8, 2021

Hi James,

No, you need a Covid-19 insurance policy that provides cover in Thailand.

33. john moloney
    November 7, 2021

Is it possible to use connecting flights that both start in appoved no quarantine countries such as London Frankfurt Bangkok ? Both the UK and Germany are on the approved list.

• November 8, 2021

Hi John,

Yes that is possible and you will be exempted from quarantine upon arrival.

34. Thawin Hart-Rawung
    November 7, 2021

Hi Krap

I am Thai. I live in Bangkok. My fight will land in Phuket on 13/11/2021.
    Is it possible for me to travel to Bangkok without staying in Phuket for 7 days?

Best regards

Thawin

• November 8, 2021

Hi Thawin,

If you first destination in Thailand is Phuket, you must quarantine there before you are permitted to travel to your final destination.

35. Nathan
    November 6, 2021

Hello,

We are fully vaccinated US nationals. We will be travelling from Chicago to Italy in December. We would like to stay in Italy for 10 days and then travel to Bangkok. We will be in 2 listed countries for a total of 21 consecutive days (USA and Italy). Will we be eligible for the Test and Go program?

• November 8, 2021

Hi Nathan,

Yes you will be eligible for Test&Go program.

36. Frederik Hertz Pedersen
    November 6, 2021

Hi

My wife and I are considering travelling to Phuket from Denmark for christmas. If we have a layover in Istanbul on the way, will be still be allowed into Thailand (if we have Thailand pass).

Kind regards
    Frederik

• November 8, 2021

Hi Frederik,

Yes you will be allowed in but you are not exempted from quarantine as Turkey is not classified as a low-risk country. You can however participate in Sandbox Program (if you are fully vaccinated) or do a 10-night quarantine.

• MARK Durber
      November 11, 2021

I have 2 children who have hade 1 dose of vaccine in the UK can thay travel with us thay are 15 and 12

Dear Mark,

Good day.
      Since you are not fully vaccinated and your children too, all of you will have to enter Thailand under 10 days quarantine.

37. Rich
    November 6, 2021

Hi
    I read in your replies any non Thai needs covid Insurance. I thought if you are an expat working in Thailand you can either show your Thai social security card or show a registered letter from your employer instead.
    Can you clarify please
    Thanks

• November 6, 2021

Dear Rich,

Good day.
      Yes, that is correct if you can provide your Social Security number and supporting document.

38. Blake
    November 6, 2021

Hello,

Apologies in advance. I am flying to Bangkok on the I have submitted all my information, and have met all of the requirements. I am coming from Canada and am fully vaccinated, etc. However, after applying I noticed my passport had water damage. I will have a replacement passport on the 9th, but the passport number will be different. Will this create any issues? Again, apologies for the inconvenience.

• November 6, 2021

Dear Blake,

Good day.
      Unfortunately you need to apply for a new Thailand Pass if you still have time. If you have no time, you can show both damaged passport and new passport for your travel.

39. Lisa
    November 6, 2021

Hi,

Soon I will have to apply for a Thailand Pass for a 3 week holiday.

When applying for the Thailand Pass I understand I have to upload QR codes for both vacinations.

Each of my QR codes has a 1 month expiry. Can I therefore apply for Thailand Pass 1 month prior to departure from UK (which would mean my QR Code would expire when in Thailand) or do I have to apply for Thailand Pass 1 month prior to arrival back into UK (which would mean I only have 1 week to apply

• November 6, 2021

Dear Lisa,

Good day.
      In the Thailand Pass system you have an option to upload a QR code or upload the certificate with or with QR code. You can also upload the Vaccination Card.

40. Golzhikhan
    November 5, 2021

Hello, the documents were sent on November 1. There is still no confirmation. Tickets are purchased for November 10. There is a visa. What should I do if an entry permit is not received before departure?

• November 6, 2021

Dear Golzhikhan,

Good day.
      You may try to register again using a Gmail email account.

41. Carl
    November 5, 2021

how exactly should the Covid 19 insurance look like? Please give example.

42. Paul Thompson
    November 5, 2021

Hi, I’m flying into Bangkok, I have booked a SHA + Plus Hotel in Pattaya is this fine or do I have to book a SHA + Plus room in Bangkok

• November 6, 2021

Dear Paul,

Yes, that is acceptable as long as your ASQ or SHA+ hotel is located within 2 hours travel from the airport of arrival.

• November 8, 2021

Hi Paul,

This is fine if you have an arranged transportation from Bangkok airport directly to your hotel in Pattaya.

43. Saaehmoo Marvel
    November 5, 2021

hi, we applied for Thailand Pass on No 1st, 2021 but we did not get answer until now! And our flight will be on the 8th of November 2021 and now we are having trouble since we still do not get the pass! However you said the process will take only 3-5 business day! PLEASE HELP!!! Please answer me ASAP

• November 6, 2021

Dear Saaehmoo,

Good day.
      Due to the delay in receiving the confirmation email, your approval may be delayed also. Normally the confirmation of registration is received within seconds after the registration at least for the GMAIL users. I recommend for you to try to register again using Gmail or to patiently wait for the approval.

44. Erwin
    November 5, 2021

Hi what if the Thailand Pass doesn’t get approved on time?

• November 8, 2021

Hi Erwin,

We recommend applying for a Thailand Pass at least 7 days before but not more than 30 days before you date of departure

45. Mary Ann Moncera
    November 4, 2021

Hi,

For the Vaccination Certificate, can I use my Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card issued by our local government after my vaccination or should I need to get an International Certificate of Vaccination?

Hi Mary,

Yes you may use your Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card as proof of vaccination in applying for Thailand Pass.

46. Pernille Paltoft
    November 4, 2021

Hi
    We are travelling the 23 of february 2022 by plane to Krabi with transit i BKK – is that possible?

Hi Pernille,

Yes it is possible to apply for Thailand Pass however, if your first destination in Thailand is Bangkok, you would have to quarantine in Bangkok for the amount of time as per your Thailand Pass category regardless of your final destination.

47. Christopher
    November 4, 2021

Hello can I apply for pass at London Embassy in person
    Thanks Chris

48. Heiko
    November 4, 2021

Dears Rex,
    A connecting flights from Bangkok to Phuket the same day also allowed?
    Or do i have to stay one day in Bangkok after arrival?
    Thanks,
    Heiko

Hi Heiko,

If your first destination in Thailand is Bangkok, you will have to quarantine in Bangkok before you are permitted to travel to your final destination.

49. Laila
    November 4, 2021

Hello

I would like to go to Thailand (khao lak – Phuket airport) in the end of this month.

But I have been writing to several hotels and they don’t offer a packet with test og self test. As I can see it is a requirements for travel. -and apply for Thailand Pass.

Can i ordre The test online or anything Else? Do really not know what to do…

Hi Laila,

Unfortunately you can only quarantine in hotels that is ASQ or SHA+ approved. The test cannot be ordered online.

50. Thomas Fredriksson

Hello.

Are the Vaccination certificate that you CAM get from The Swedish eHealth Agency okey to get the Thailand pass?

Kind regards

Hi Thomas,

If it is a Covid-19 Vaccination Record Card with your details, date of vaccination and vaccine type, you are able to use that to apply for Thailand Pass.

51. Pat

Good day,

I am in the UK and booked to travel to Thailand on 16 Nov.
    After many attempts, I am finding it impossible to upload my passport information page to the Thailand Pass site. The site gives no information about any mistake I may be making.
    Can I submit by post to the Thai Embassy in UK?
    Pat

Hi Pat,

You may only apply for a Thailand Pass online. Please make sure you have visited the correct website at http://tp.consular.go.th and that the file you uploaded is in .JPEG format.

52. Sara

Hi,
    My family is traveling on Nov. 12th. We have one child under 12 who is not vaccinated and although we can add her to one of our applications, after submitting, it gives the message that she needs insurance even though I have uploaded our insurance information. So basically we are stuck in this loop. So my question is, does a child under 12, who cannot be vaccinated, even need the Thailand Pass?

• November 3, 2021

Dear Sara,

Good day.
      Yes, all travelers are required to have Thailand Pass. If you have a family health insurance that covers COVID 19, you can upload the same file.

53. Bob Hawley
    November 3, 2021

Can the Thai Pass approval process be expedited in any way? If so, how?

Also, are travelers asked to produce their Thai Pass prior to boarding the plane or after they arrive in Thailand?

Hi Bob,

No it is not possible to expedite Thailand Pass applications however your application may be approved 5 days before your departure.

54. Darren Price
    November 3, 2021

Where do I find the Thailand pass form?
    I’m traveling from the UK and the link on the government website takes you to the Coe link!

55. May
    November 3, 2021

The antibody test result is accepted as vaccination certificate for the Thailand pass.

56. Branka
    November 3, 2021

Must flight from low risk county be a direct flight to Thailand ? Or are stops with transfer time shorter than 12h allowed prior to landing in Thailand?

Hi Branka,

To be eligible for no quarantine, you have to spent at least 21 consecutive days in an eligible country. However you can still enter Thailand through the Sandbox or Quarantine programs.

57. Michael Boutiette
    November 3, 2021

Hi Rex I would like to stay in Thailand for 60 days how would I go about doing that Thank you

• November 3, 2021

Hi Michael,

If your passport is on the list of 64 countries that meet the Visa Exemption Rule for entry into Thailand, you are permitted to a stay of 30 days from the date of arrival into Thailand. You would need to apply for a tourist visa to extend your stay as well as a Thailand Pass to enter the country during this period.
      If you need any assistance with this please contact Siam Legal at https://www.siam-legal.com/contactus.php

58. Maria BA

Hello!

Is there any problem in booking a flight to Phuket in one airline company and the return flight from Bangkok from another one, separately?

Hi Maria,

That won’t be a problem.

59. Mrs Maloney
    November 3, 2021

Is it correct that even if I have been fully I would still have to pay and spend one night in a government hotel?

Hi Mrs Maloney,

Yes, if you are fully vaccinated and traveling from the list of eligible countries you would still have to spend one night an ASQ or SHA+ approved hotel in Thailand to await your Covid-19 test results.

60. Attila Fehér

Hi,

Looking at the requirements for the Thailand pass I do not see anything about the pre-booking / pre-payment of a PCR test upon arrival in Thailand.

Is it not needed anymore?
    Thanks,
    /Attila

Hi Attila,

You do not need a COVID 19 RT-PCR to enter Thailand as of 1 November 2021 however you are required to do the test at your quarantine hotel of choice.

61. Aleksandra Klamka

Welcome,
    I have 2 doses of pfizer vaccine but I would like to get a 3rd dose.
    In thailandpass, it is possible to enter the dates of 2 doses. My question, which doses should I enter?
    I will be joining in November and I am planning to leave in December.
    I will be grateful for your response
    regards

Hi Aleksandra,

Please enter the dates of your first and second vaccine dosages because the Thailand Pass does not require a third dose.

62. Gail Kleinman
    November 3, 2021

We are traveling to Sami from Singapore with a stop in Phuket. Do we have to stay at an approved hotel for one night on Phuket or continue on to Sami to stay at the hotel there. We will be traveling g in April

Hi Gail,

If you first destination in Thailand is Phuket you would have to stay at an AQ or SHA+ approved hotel before traveling to your final destination.

63. Charise Hasdorff
    November 2, 2021

Are they accepting hand written US vaccination cards? Also I was only able to upload one document for hotel booking and this does not include my confirmed COVID test. Will this be a problem?

Hi Charise,

If your proof of vaccination is a CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card, you are able to use that to apply for a Thailand Pass.

64. Nick

Hi,
    We are a family composed of:
    -2 adults (parents) both fully vaccinated since July
    -1 child 8 years old not vaccinated
    -1 child 12 years old as of tomorrow 03/11 not vaccinated.
    We would like to travel to Thailand in December 2021 during the Christmas break…
    Are we obliged to register through the Sandbox travelling scheme because of our eldest daughter or is there a way to go through Test&Go?
    Tks!

Hi Nick,

Unfortunately all travel companions including family members must be vaccinated to qualify for the Test&Go program.

65. Sophiya
    November 2, 2021

I will be traveling to Thailand in the 17th of November. Do I need visa to apply for a Thai pass or can we do that simultaneously?

Hi Sophiya,

If you are from a country that is not visa exempted, you must apply for have an approved visa before you can register for Thailand Pass.

66. DJ

Hello Rex,

Good day to you. May I know if Brunei is eligible in getting 90 days Non-immigrant visa? If yes what is the price for it. Thank you in advance!

Hi DJ,

Holders of a Brunei passport are only permitted to stay for 30 days in Thailand. If you would like to extend this, you can apply for a tourist visa.
      If you need any further assistance please contact us at https://www.siam-legal.com/contactus.php.

67. Joe
    November 2, 2021

Where is the actual link to apply for the pass myself? ie for free?

Thanks

68. Julia

Hello

Is the Thailand Pass the only entry requirement for entering Thailand from the UK from Nov 1st? Do you also need to show the vaccine certificate?

Hi Julia,

To get a Thailand Pass, you must upload your vaccination certificate, flight and hotel bookings as well as Covid-19 insurance proof to the online application.

69. Gordon Coupe
    November 2, 2021

Can someone answer this question, I am traveling end of January 2022 to Chang Mai, can I enter via Bangkok and Fly onto Chang Mai and stay in ASQ or SHA+ Hotel in Chang Mai, or do I have to stay 1 Night in Bangkok in ASQ or SHA+ Hotel before I go onto Chang Mai

Hi Gordon,

If your first destination in Thailand is Bangkok, you have to do your Test&Go at an AQ or SHA+ approved hotel before you can travel to your final destination.

70. Chloe
    November 2, 2021

Hi, may I know why is Taiwan not in the low risk country list? According to the latest news, Taiwan is included in the list. I’m planning to visit Bangkok and I wish to double confirm with you.

Hi Chloe,

Unfortunately Taiwan is not on the list of low-risk countries however if you are fully vaccinated you may apply for the Sandbox program instead.

71. Lee Davies
    November 2, 2021

i plan on being in Thailand for 32 days, will i need a visa does anybody know?

Hi Lee,

Judging by your email, UK passport holders is visa exempted for 30 days if the you are planning to visit Thailand for tourism purposes only.

72. Antigone
    November 2, 2021

Hi, I’m travelling to Chiang Mai on Thai Airways. Can I quarantine in Chiang Mai or do I need to quarantine in Bangkok? Thanks.

Hi Antigone,

If your first destination is Bangkok, you would need to quarantine in Bangkok before you can travel to your final destination.

73. Kevin Doherty

How can I apply for a Thailand pass

74. Pierre
    November 2, 2021

Sawadi Krap, iam going to stay Thaïland for several months, so i will need a Visa.
    Will i need to ask a Visa to the embassy before registering Thaïland Pass ?
    Or could i ask a Visa at sime time than registering Thaïland Pass ?

Hi Pierre,

If you are only the list of visa exempted countries you may stay in Thailand for 30 days however if you would like to extend your stay you will need to apply for a tourist visa. You must receive a visa before you can apply for a Thailand Pass.
      If you require any assistance, please contact us at https://www.siam-legal.com/contactus.php.

75. Paul Thompson
    November 2, 2021

Hi, I’m booked for a flight in January 2022, when is the earliest date I can apply for the Thailand pass, how long does the Thailand pass last.

Hi Paul,

You must apply for a Thailand Pass at least 7 days before your date of departure. Thailand Pass can only be used once and you must apply for a Thailand Pass if you wish to reenter Thailand.

76. Joe kane
    November 2, 2021

I can not find the page to fill in got Thai pass how do i get on to it

77. kathryn
    November 2, 2021

Hi we are flying to Phuket at Christmas, can we travel straight to Krabi and quarantine there whilst we wait for our results or so we have to stay in Phuket for a night?

Hi Kathryn,

If your first destination in Thailand is Phuket, you must stay in Phuket for your Test&Go before you can travel to Krabi.

78. Lars Claesson
    November 2, 2021

What file format is accepted on the uploaded documents?

Hi Lars,

Only .JPEG files are accepted.

79. Zack
    November 1, 2021

Hello,
    I don’t know why my post doesn’t get published, this is the fourth time I try.
    I am traveling to Phuket from USA and I have a long layover in Doha. Can I spend the night in a Doha hotel as Qatar is from the safe list as well?
    Thanks

Hello Zack,

Yes you are able to spend a night in Doha and qualify for the Test&Go no quarantine program.

80. Shad Gerami
    November 1, 2021

Hello,

I am arriving to Bangkok from Ukraine which is not on the Green List fully vaccinated. Do i stay in my hotel for one day and after i can roam in the city for 7 days?

Hi Shad,

Yes you are correct.

81. Chris
    November 1, 2021

Where can we apply for the Thailand Pass?

82. Stephen Brock
    November 1, 2021

Hello
    Is this statement true?

-If you are traveling on November 1 to 7, you may still apply for the COE using the old system. For information about the COE, please check here: COE Thailand

Can still use the old system from Nov 1 – 7?
    I thought everyone has to use the new Thai system

• November 1, 2021

Dear Stephen,

Good day.
      For those traveling on November 1 to 7 can apply using the old COE system until October 29 at 3PM only. After that, everyone must apply using the new system on Monday November 1.

83. Uwe
    October 31, 2021

hello

i am flying on 06.11 and have a coe.

should i still register for the thailand pass?

can i have both?

thx

• November 1, 2021

Dear Uwe,

Good day.
      You can still use the old COE. Kindly check the link given to you by the embassy to download your updated COE. The new COE must state that you are eligible for the Quarantine Exemption if you are fully vaccinated.

84. Garry John foyle
    October 31, 2021

Hi would like to register for the Thialand pass . Has I’m traveling to Thialand in December .

• November 1, 2021

Dear Garry,

Good day.
      You can apply for the Thailand within 30 days before your flight. Should you require any assistance for the Thailand Pass application, please check this page: http://www.siam-legal.com/coe

85. Magnus Persson
    October 31, 2021

Hi.
    We are thinking to book a flight to Phuket Nov 4, is it time to get the Thailand pass or Coe pass?
    Regards

• November 1, 2021

Dear Magnus,

Good day.
      You can apply for the Thailand Pass on November 1. The process may take 3 to 7 days.

86. Golzhikhan
    October 31, 2021

Can I ask my son to fill out the forms from his computer and forward them to me or should I do it from my phone

• November 1, 2021

Dear Golzhikkan,

Good day.
      Yes, he can apply using a computer and he can print the Thailand Pass after it has been approved.

• Zuza
      November 3, 2021

Hello, if I travel from, a country on green list and transfer in a country from red list, will I still be able to Test and go?

Hi Zuza,

No but you can participate in the Sandbox or Quarantine programs.

87. Zahid
    October 30, 2021

Sir
    My Name: Zahid Mirza
    I am US citizen
    I Want Make Thai pass
    My Email: zmirza1953@gmail.com
    Cell # 1 310 863 9604
    Waiting your Reply
    Mirza

88. Jud
    October 30, 2021

I find the instructions confusing …

I have a Thai retirement visa. I am vaccinated in Thailand travelling to Canada and returning.

Why do I need to stay in Canada 21 days?

Why do I need covid19 medical insurance when I return?

• October 30, 2021

Dear Jud,

Good day.
      For those who traveled from Thailand, you do not need to stay for 21 days in that country of departure to Thailand. You can stay less than 21 days in Canada if you have not traveled to a non-low risk country after you left Thailand. COVID insurance is required for all except Thai nationals. The reason why it is required is very obvious with the current pandemic.

89. Shick Arbabzadah
    October 30, 2021

Can I travel to Thailand (with Thailand Pass) in November with one way ticket and while leaving Thailand after 5 days to another destination other than my original departure country (USA)?

Thanks
    Shick arbabzadah

• October 30, 2021

Dear Shick,

Good day.
      If you are traveling to Thailand under the Visa Exemption Category, you need to show an exit flight within 30 days. It can be the US or another country.

90. LORRI IRRGANG
    October 30, 2021

I AM LEAVING FOR THAILAND TOMORROW, OCT. 30TH. I AM WAITING TO HEAR ABOUT MY TOURIST VISA. I DID NOT APPLY FOR THE COE BECAUSE THE REQUIREMENTS CHANGED NOV. 1. IT IS TOO LATE TO APPLY FOR THE THAILAND PASS. IF I DO NOT HEAR ABOUT MY VISA AND I DO NOT HAVE A THAILAND PASS, WILL BE ALLOWED INTO THE COUNTRY???? I AM VERY NERVOUS RIGHT NOW! DO I NEED TO CANCEL MY FLIGHT?

• October 30, 2021

Dear Lorri,

Good day.
      If you are traveling October 30, you need the COE. If you have no visa and no COE, you definitely cannot travel to Thailand. Yes, you need to cancel it if you did not apply for COE.

91. Stuart hilson
    October 30, 2021

How much will it cost to stay in sha plus hotel with COVID 19 test

• October 30, 2021

Dear Stuart,

Good day.
      In Bangkok it could be between 4,000 to 6,500 THB for the one night stay with COVID test and airport transfer.

92. Lhynn Lingdez
    October 30, 2021

Hi 👋 can I ask
    About Thailand transit/ transfer can CEO required too thank you 🙏

• October 30, 2021

Dear Lhynn,

Good day.
      No, it is not required for you if you are transiting for less than 24 hours. You only need the COVID insurance and the COVID RT PCR test.

93. Kevin
    October 29, 2021

Dear Rex,

I have got 2 shots of Sputnik vaccine in Moscow already with the vaccination certificate issued by the local government only in Russian.
    Is such an official vaccination certificate in Russian language accepted for getting the Thai Pass or it must be translated into English and then notarized?

TKS a lot for your feedback in advance.

• October 30, 2021

Dear Kevin,

Good day.
      It is in Russian, it means it is only valid to be used in Russia. I recommend for you to check your government on how to get an international version of your vaccination certificate.

94. Alvin Hong
    October 29, 2021

I am departing for Thailand on the 03 November 2021 and need to book a ASQ hotel and covid test on arrival of the 05 November 2021. How can I do this?

• October 30, 2021

Dear Alvin,

Good day.
      Are you arriving in Phuket or Bangkok? If you arriving in Bangkok, you must contact the ASQ Hotels as they do the booking for the COVID test themselves with their partner hospitals. At the moment there is no independent testing centers yet for the November 1 reopening. It has to be a tie-up between hotel and hospital.

95. Alex
    October 29, 2021

Hello, I was not sure if my comment has been posted.
    How can I book a Hotel with “Test and Go” package?
    Thanks

• October 29, 2021

Dear Alex,

Good day.
      I would recommend for you to email them directly and do not book using Agoda or Booking. You may check places such as Aloft Sukhumvit 11, Divalux Hotel, Hotel Clover Asoke, The Landmark as I have seen some of their confirmation letters being issued already for the test and go package.

96. Irina
    October 29, 2021

Hello,
    Please answer, writing for the third time.

Will visit in December

We are fully vaccinated, Israeli citizens, in Israel 21 days before departure

Can we take connection flight from Israel with 5 hours transfer in Dubai?

Is it ok for no Quarantine program?

• October 29, 2021

Dear Irina,

Good day.
      Yes, airport transfer is not a problem as long as you do not leave the transit area. It means you do not “enter” Dubai by clearing immigration or leaving the airport.

97. Peter
    October 29, 2021

Hello! I have a flight to Phuket on 6th Nov

is there a chance my pass will be approved/ready by this time?..

• October 29, 2021

Dear Peter,

Good day.
      The Thailand Pass will be launched on Monday. I believe that you will quickly get the Thailand Pass as long as you have prepare the requirements and uploaded properly. The old COE system has stopped receiving new applications today.

98. Stefan
    October 29, 2021

Good day, we are flying from Sweden with our two small kids 2 and 3 years old do they need to take the PCR test or is it enough with antigen test for them?

• October 29, 2021

Dear Stefan,

Good day.
      They need to do a COVID RT PCR test in order to qualify for the No Quarantine Program. They do not need nasal swab test but they can have the saliva test. Also, upon arrival, another test must be done at the airport or at the hotel.

• Barry
      October 30, 2021

Hello Rex,

The TAT website says unvaccinated or single vaccinated children up to 18, travelling with fully vaccinated parents can enter a Blue Zone Sandbox without 10 days ASQ. https://www.tatnews.org/2021/10/thailand-reopening-living-in-the-blue-zone-17-sandbox-destinations/

Yet MOFA information says only children under 12?

My daughter is a Thai/UK dual citizen, is 13 years old and has received the 1 dose of vaccine allowed in the UK for a healthy child her age.

The bottom line is if we have to ASQ, then we don’t come. Pre-covid we have 3 holidays for 14 to 16 days at a time in Thailand (Due to school term dates and my work).

It’s strange that the sandbox schemes in Phuket and Samui up to 31st October, allowed unvaccinated children up to 18 with fully vaccinated parents but from the 1st November, it is under 12 year old’s only. It seem the Thailand government thinks that 12 year old’s and above are adults and can fend for themselves while parents take a vacation?
      Considering all the fanfare about attracting families and higher class tourist, the Thai Government have made it easier for single people to travel rather than families.
      What are the chances that they will amend this to actually children at least up to 16 year old to travel with their family without ASQ?

• October 30, 2021

Dear Barry,

Good day.
      The vaccinated parents with children below 18 years old may qualify for the Sandbox Scheme. For vaccinated parents with children below 12 years old, may qualify for either Sandbox or No Quarantine. For the 16 year old child and parents, you will be under Sandbox Program. This has been clarified Thursday October 28.

99. Craig Miller
    October 29, 2021

Hello again,

Question has been removed twice now, not sure why.
    Do you have to depart from your country of residence? I am from the UK but work in Belgium, due to the 21 day rule am I able to fly from Belgium instead of the UK. Also how does it work with flights were you have to transfer for example with Emirates you have to transfer in Dubai or do you have to use a direct flight?

Thanks

• October 29, 2021

Dear Craig,

Good day.
      Yes, you can travel from Belgium to Thailand with direct flight or with stopover in Middle East such as Dubai or Doha. You apply for the Thailand Pass from Thai Embassy Brussels.

100. OLEKSANDR
    October 29, 2021

Excuse me, what should I do in such a situation.
    On October 21, I received a COE certificate.
    I enter Thailand on November 1.
    Do I need to register with ThailandPlus?
    Do I need to register with ThailandPass?
    What should I do?

• October 29, 2021

Dear Oleksandr,

Good day.
      Please go to the web link given to you by the Thai Embassy and download again your updated COE. When you enter Thailand, you not need to download the ThailandPlus application. You will download the MorChana application.