The contents of this page may no longer be relevant. For updated information about traveling to Thailand, please go to: How To Travel to Thailand in 2022. To purchase your Thailand Travel Insurance please visit: https://www.siam-legal.com/axa-insurance
- The Test and Go and Sandbox programs have been removed and travelers may now enter under the No Quarantine program with fewer requirements.
- For up-to-date information and weekly updates regarding current Thailand travel restrictions, please visit the Weekly Updates for Thailand Travel Restrictions.
- Starting May 1, 2022, Thailand will have new entry requirements. To learn more about the new entry requirements, please visit: Thailand Travel Restrictions for May 1.
- YouTube Video showing you how to apply for the Thai Pass:
Instructional Video for Thailand Pass Application
- For the Best COVID Insurance for Thailand Pass, we recommend AXA Thailand.
- To book your hotel in Thailand, we recommend Agoda.com
- Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
Note: This page may no longer be relevant so please head to this page for the latest Thailand Travel Restrictions.
Fully vaccinated travelers to Phuket may qualify under the No Quarantine programs namely:
Phuket Sandbox is a program that allows foreign travelers to visit Phuket province without having to undergo quarantine. They must have a negative RT-PCR test result before they can enjoy traveling and do leisure activities throughout Phuket.
Under the Phuket Sandbox program, travelers do not need to do a mandatory quarantine but they must stay in Phuket for at least 7 nights and will then be allowed to visit other destinations in Thailand.
Who can travel to Phuket from abroad?
- Vaccinated Thai and foreign travelers from any country before traveling to Phuket
- Unvaccinated children under 18 years old traveling with vaccinated parents
- Travelers from country that are not considered as low risk
***Unvaccinated adult travelers will be required to undergo mandatory quarantine at any AQ Hotels in Phuket for 10 days.
Phuket SandBox Requirements
- Vaccine Certificate/proof of vaccination
- RT-PCR COVID 19 test before traveling to Thailand
- COVID-19 Insurance
- Thailand Pass
- Stay at SHA+ Hotel in Phuket
- Pre-paid RT-PCR COVID 19 tests in Phuket via www.thailandpsas.com
***Full vaccination at least 14 days prior to your departure to Thailand and not more than 12 months.
Important Things to Remember
- You must stay in a SHA+ accredited hotel in Phuket only.
- You must fly to Phuket from abroad. Transit in Bangkok is only allowed if your flight is a sealed flight.
- If you are staying less than 7 nights in Phuket, you must fly out of Phuket to an international destination.
- If you are staying for 7 nights/days or more in Phuket, you will then be able to travel to any domestic destination in Thailand.
If you have questions and want to get updated with the latest developments on how to travel to Thailand, you may join our Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
SHA+ Hotels in Phuket
Flights to Phuket
At present, certain airlines are permitted to operate commercial flights to Thailand. Airlines such as El Al Israel, Finnair, Cathay, Qatar, Emirates, Etihad, THAI, and Singapore Airlines operate flights to Phuket on a daily basis.
Transit in Bangkok is only allowed if your flight to Phuket is PG5275, PG5279 or WE8750.
TIP: If your flight to Phuket is not full, you may request the cabin crew for you to be seated two to three rows away from other passengers. Just in case one of the passengers tested positive for COVID 19 on arrival, then, you do not need to be isolated or quarantined at your own expense.
COVID 19 Insurance
With the new wave of COVID-19 in Thailand, COVID-19 Insurance is a mandatory requirement for travelers. It acts as another level of security to ensure that you can cover all costs in case you are diagnosed with COVID-19 during your stay in Thailand. It covers you for a minimum of $10,000 policy and it must cover the duration of your stay in Thailand.
You can purchase the COVID Insurance on this link:
Thailand Pass is a mandatory official document issued to Thai and Non-Thai nationals who are permitted to enter Thailand. It confirms that you meet the entry requirements as set by the Thai government and you are accepted to enter Thailand.
Thailand Pass Application Service
Siam Legal International offers foreigners and Thais who wish to enter Thailand fast and hassle-free Thailand Pass application assistance.
You can sign-up for Siam Legal Thailand Pass Application Service on the link below:
Should you have further questions or clarification, please do not hesitate to contact us back by email at [email protected] or through WhatsApp at +66 84021 9800.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will it be mandatory to stay in SHA+ hotels only? Can we stay in a friend’s house or our own condo?
No, you can only stay in SHA+ accommodation only for the first 7 nights before you can stay in private accommodation. You can book 7 nights in Phuket before you can move to other provinces of Thailand or before you can stay in private accommodation.
Would other people be allowed to visit the traveler during the initial 7-night stay?
Yes, if that person is fully vaccinated or if that person comes from Bangkok, that person must follow Phuket entry requirements for domestic travelers such as having RT-PCR COVID 19 test before traveling to Phuket.
If one wants to go out to a restaurant or a bar in the evening, do you need a guide?
No, you can move around Phuket freely. However, if you want to do other touristic activities, it is advisable to book it through an accredited SHA+ tour operator.
Do travelers still need to apply for the Thailand Pass?
Yes, anybody traveling to Thailand is still required to obtain a Thailand Pass(or visa applicable) from the Thailand Pass system. The process will take at least 5 up to 7 business days.
Do travelers have to stay in the same SHA+ hotel for the full 7 days required on arrival or is it possible to move between several hotels?
You must stay for at least 7 nights in your first SHA+ hotel in Phuket before you can move to another hotel in Phuket or other provinces.
The COVID tests, will that be in the hotel or hospital?
It will be in the designated test centers in Phuket and you must pay the COVID 19 tests before applying for Thailand. You can also book your COVID test on this page: https://www.thailandpsas.com/