With Thailand’s successful attempt in opening their top destination spot, Phuket and Koh Samui, to the travelers around the world on the month of July, this time the country is ready to open some more, and the Kingdom of Thailand is not backing down to what they could offer to the world even amidst pandemic.
This has led them to open: Pattaya, Chiang Mai, and Hua Hin.
Pattaya Move On (PMO)
Pattaya is unlike Phuket and Samui where both are islands. Pattaya is part of the mainland which means it is harder to isolate, and it is not easy to control virus transmission in such a place. The responsibilities of the authorities are much more complicated. Through that common knowledge about Pattaya, they have come up with stricter conditions for travelers.
On September 5, Rattanachai Suttidechanai, the Vice Chairman of Pattaya Business and Tourism Association, announced that they have already completed the needed Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) which include the guidelines for inbound travelers.
Pattaya Expected Guidelines
Unlike the Phuket Sandbox, travelers are not allowed to freely roam around the island once receiving a negative result. The following are what to expect in Pattaya once the traveler has arrived:
- Day 1-3. For 3 days they are required to stay in an Alternative Local Quarantine (ATQ).
- Day 4-6. For 3 days, after the 3 days of staying at the ATQ, they are allowed to travel under a sealed route program.
- Day 7 and so on. On the 7th day, and only on the 7th day you are allowed to switch hotels and be able to travel to more destinations through accredited tourism operators with a Safety and Health Administration (SHA) plus certificate.
General Guidelines on Pattaya and other Sandbox Destinations
Opening Despite COVID
Even with the ongoing concerns about the PMO scheme, according to Mr. Rattanachai, opening Pattaya with a sealed route program is still better than keeping the local economy stagnant. They are not waiting for the pandemic to end before reopening, rather, they are moving forward by coming up with the Pattaya Move On program and they are making preparations for unexpected events that might happen.
Control and Preparation
Pattaya is expected to achieve a 70% vaccination rate by October, by that assurance they are only expecting a challenge of how the authority will control the situation and how to keep within the health system’s capacity to treat patients after the reopening.
In the scheme that was supported by Pattaya City and the Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT), it is proposed that travelers will be given designated tourism areas and allocated time slots to keep foreign travelers and local travelers apart. And through the sealed route program, will reduce COVID-19 infection risks to both local and foreign travelers.
With the upcoming reopening of Pattaya through the Pattaya Move On the program, the authority is expected to exert more effort in making sure that the city will be safe after it reopens. They are expected to have prepared a contingency plan to avoid repercussions.
Why Travel to Pattaya
What makes Pattaya stand out among other hot spot destinations in Thailand is it offers variations of activities for travelers to do. Most of the destinations that you know in Thailand are known for their relaxing and peaceful ambiance of beaches. Pattaya still offers relaxation and peace, but what makes travelers get lured to its fun aspect.
One of the features that Pattaya can offer is the nightlife that party-goers dream of. When the sun starts to go down, the party also starts. Neon lights start to fill the street with colors which adds up to the beauty of the place. Many tourists come to this location because of the lively ambiance that takes place at night.
Some are fine to go as a family; some are not suggested for you to bring your children with you. One of the known and suggested places that travelers must not miss is the Popular Walking Street. The experience that one can have in Pattaya is unlike anything else in Thailand.
Going to the market is normal for everyone, right? But going to a floating market is unlike any of the experiences of those who are new in Pattaya. This is a great place for travelers who want something unique. Within the floating market, one can find souvenir shops and eateries.
If one wants something more grandeur, travelers can also find one of the largest malls in Asia. Not just an ordinary large mall, but this mall overlooks a beach. Imagine shopping for a variety of products while enjoying the view, it would be an unforgettable experience for travelers.
There is a lot of what Pattaya can offer other than just the nightlife and unique experiences, travelers just need to find it out themselves more and explore what Pattaya can offer.
Requirements for Travels
To be able to be successful in the travels bound to Pattaya, one must not forget the documents needed to have. Here are the requirements for travel:
- To be able to enter Thailand, travelers must come from countries that are low risk or moderate risk and they must have stayed there for 21 days before the departure.
- Travelers must be vaccinated. They must have a valid Vaccine Certificate and have been completely vaccinated with a vaccine approved by Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) or the World Health Organization (WHO) for at least 14 days.
- Travelers must show proof of a negative result of the RT-PCR test. Within 72 hours of the trip schedule, all passengers, including children, must have received a negative COVID-19 test using the RT-PCR method.
- Travelers are required to purchase COVID-19 insurance. All travelers must have medical insurance with COVID-19 treatment coverage of at least $50,000 to $100,000.
- Travelers must obtain a Certificate of Entry (COE). A letter from the Thai Embassy or Consulate is required for a foreign visa holder to enter Thailand onboard. When you arrive in Thailand, this letter will be delivered to airline workers prior to departure and to an immigration officer.
- Travelers must produce a copy of the payment confirmation for a minimum of 14 nights’ stay, as well as RT-PCR tests at hotels certified by the Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS) or Thailand’s Tourism Authority (TAT).
You can purchase the COVID Insurance on this link:
New Normal Traveling
It has been already stated by the Thai government that even with COVID-19 is still existing, it is not possible for operations in opening travel destinations to be stopped. The tourism industry in Thailand is a vital contributor to the economy. The government is desperate to revitalize the economy of the country while preventing COVID-19 from rising.
Though with the difficulty the pandemic has given the world, it is not a sign for people to stop enjoying or living most of their lives. People are still allowed to enjoy but one must consider extra safety measures to be safe and healthy in their travels, and that is what Thailand wants, for travelers to be safe while being able to relax and enjoy their destinations.