Thailand Entry Requirements as of July 30, 2022
- Thailand Pass registration is no longer required for all travelers since July 1, 2022.
- Travelers entering Thailand will only be required to show Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 test results for the unvaccinated.
- Travel Insurance is highly recommended to have comprehensive travel insurance when you travel to Thailand.
- Before you travel to Thailand, you should buy travel insurance that will protect you for your entire trip and book your hotel stay to get the best deals and rates.
- Buy your Travel Insurance now at AXA Thailand.
- Book your Hotel in Thailand at Agoda.com
- Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions, get help and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
1. Passport and Thai Visa
Foreigners may travel Thailand without a visa. There are 64 countries eligible to enter Thailand visa-free under the Visa Exemption program and Bilateral Agreement allowing travelers to stay up to 30 days, 90 days or 14 days.
There are also 19 countries eligible to enter Thailand without visa under the Visa On Arrival program allowing the travelers to stay up to 15 days. The fee of 2,000 THB has to be paid on arrival at the airport and fill out the TM88 Visa on Arrival form.
For both Visa Exemption and Visa On Arrival, the traveler must possess a passport validity for 6 months or in some cases, it must be valid for at least 30 days after the trip.
Travelers who are not eligible for the Visa Exemption and Visa on Arrival programs must apply for a Thai visa prior to coming to Thailand. Application for Thai visa can be done online or in person at the Thai embassy or consulate in the country of departure of the applicant.
2. Proof of Vaccination or COVID Test
Since July 1, 2022 travelers are no longer required to register for the Thailand Pass. Travelers may now freely travel to Thailand as long as they possess a Proof of Vaccination or a pre-departure COVID test.
Travelers who are fully vaccinated may print out a copy of the proof of vaccination, vaccination certificate or show a digital copy of their proof of vaccination. Travelers must be fully vaccinated and a vaccine booster is not required. Children who are unvaccinated but traveling with a vaccinated adult do not need to show any COVID test.
Travelers who are unvaccinated are required to undergo a mandatory pre-departure COVID test within 72 hours before departure from the country of origin or departure. The COVID test may be an RT-PCR test or a professional ATK (RAT) antigen test. The COVID test result must be negative or non-reactive and the COVID test result document must state the name of the traveler, date and time of the test and the type of the test performed. Children who are unvaccinated traveling with an unvaccinated adult must also undergo a COVID test.
3. Buy Travel Insurance for Thailand
Foreign travelers should buy Travel Insurance when traveling to Thailand or Asia in general.
You may use your own health insurance purchased from your own country or it is recommended to purchase from an insurance company in Thailand such as AXA Insurance Thailand.
To purchase AXA Thailand Insurance; the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
4. Hotel Booking or Proof of Address
Foreigners arriving in Thailand are normally required to provide an address in Thailand. Travelers may provide private accommodation such as a house or apartment. For travelers who opted to stay in hotels must book a hotel in advance.
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended Bangkok Hotels:
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- Avani+ Riverside Bangkok
- Bangkok Marriott Marquis
- Carlton Hotel Bangkok
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Holiday Inn Bangkok Sukhumvit
- Hyatt Place Sukhumvit
- Le Meridien Bangkok
- Lebua at State Tower
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok
- Park Hyatt Bangkok
- Shangri-La Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- The Continent Hotel Asok
- The Landmark Bangkok
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok
- Vie Hotel Bangkok
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Phuket:
- Andakira Hotel
- Andamantra Resort and Villa Phuket
- Baan Laimai Beach Resort
- Crest Resort and Pool Villas
- Deevana Patong Resort and Spa
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa
- Kalima Resort & Spa
- Naina Resort and Spa
- Navatara Phuket Resort
- Patong Resort Hotel
- Phuket Graceland Resort and Spa
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
- Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
- The Blue Hotel
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- The Nai Harn Phuket
- The Nature Phuket
- V Villas Phuket
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Pattaya:
- Avani Pattaya Resort
- Bella Express Hotel
- Cape Dara Resort
- Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort
- Dusit Thani Pattaya
- Grande Centre Point Pattaya
- Hilton Pattaya
- Ibis Pattaya
- InterContinental Pattaya Resort
- MYTT Beach Hotel
- Navana Nature Escape
- Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
- Royal Wing Suites and Spa
- Veranda Resort Pattaya
- Woodlands Hotel and Resort
Book Your Thailand Hotel on Agoda.com.
COVID Extension To Continue Until August 25
Travelers who are currently in Thailand will now have until August 24, 2022, to extend their COVID extension stamp, as announced by the Bureau of Immigration. The visa relief or extension grants 60 days of stay to those who apply.
The COVID extension is available to those:
- You have a 60-day Tourist Visa, you can apply for a COVID extension if necessary
- You have a 30-day Visa Exemption, you can apply for a COVID extension if necessary
- You have a 30-day visa extension, you can apply for a COVID extension if necessary
- You have 15 days visa-on-arrival, you cannot have a COVID extension
- If you have a Non-immigrant B, ED, O (Volunteer) visa, you can no longer have a COVID extension
Please note that this extension of stay is not automatic, you must apply for this at your local immigration office and it will be at the discretion of the officer to approve the application.
Siam Legal Visa Assistance
Package: 395 USD (Non-Immigrant O Visa Assistance)
- Visa Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa or retirement visa)
- 2-3 weeks total processing time
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada visa applications only
Package: 200USD (TR Visa Assistance)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (TR tourist visa)
- 2-3 weeks of processing time
- Available in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada visa application only
For the latest information, updates, and guide about How To Travel to Thailand in 2022, you may check this page here: https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand-travel-restrictions-updates