Last updated on January 9, 2023 at 5 PM
- Travelers entering Thailand are not required to show Proof of Vaccination or COVID-19 test results. All travelers can freely travel to Thailand without any COVID restrictions.
- Travelers are not required to obtain Thailand Pass or Certificate of Entry (COE). There is no need to download any mobile app.
- Travel Insurance is still highly recommended when you travel to Thailand.
- Travel Insurance is mandatory for travelers whose next country of destination requires them to perform an ATK or RT-PCR test in Thailand prior to traveling to the said country. The validity of insurance must cover the duration of stay in Thailand + 7 days.
- Before you travel to Thailand, you should buy your travel insurance for your protection to cover your entire trip to Thailand and book your hotel stay to get the best deals and rates:
- Buy your Travel Insurance now at AXA Thailand.
- Book your Hotel in Thailand at Agoda.com
Travelers may join our Facebook Group to ask questions, get help and read the latest developments: https://www.facebook.com/groups/howtoenterthailand
1. Passport and Thai Visa
From October 1, 2022 until March 31, 2023, travelers will be allowed to stay for 30 days or 45 days without prior approval of a Thai visa.
During this period, the length of stay per visit will be 45 days for passport holders of the following countries/territories who may enter Thailand under a tourist Visa Exemption scheme: Andorra, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Brunei, Canada, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, Indonesia, Ireland, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Monaco, The Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Oman, The Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, San Marino, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Slovak, Slovenia, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, the UAE, UK, Ukraine, Vietnam and the USA.
Also, during this period, the length of stay per visit will be 30 days for passport holders of the following countries/territories who may apply for a VOA: Bhutan, Bulgaria, China, Cyprus, Ethiopia, Fiji, Georgia, India, Kazakhstan, Malta, Mexico, Nauru, Papua New Guinea, Romania, Saudi Arabia, Taiwan, Uzbekistan, and Vanuatu. The visa fee of 2,000 THB will remain the same for these countries.
In addition, passport holders of the following countries/ territories may enter Thailand without a visa under a bilateral agreement: Cambodia (45 days), Myanmar (45 days), Lao PDR. (45 days, Macau (45 days), Mongolia (45 days), Russia (45 days), Argentina (90 days), Brazil (90 days), Chile (90 days), Korea (ROK) (90 days), and Peru (90 days).
Note: Please make sure that your passport is valid for at least 6 months or check with your airline for the passport validity requirement.
2. Buy Travel Insurance for Thailand
For health security, foreign travelers should buy Travel Insurance when traveling to Thailand or Asia, in general. Travel Insurance is mandatory for travelers whose next country of destination requires them to perform an ATK or RT-PCR test in Thailand prior to traveling to the said country. The validity of insurance must cover the duration of stay in Thailand +7 days.
You may use your own health insurance purchased from your own country or it is recommended to purchase from an insurance company in Thailand such as AXA Insurance Thailand.
To purchase AXA Thailand Insurance; the most reliable insurance that has never had any problem with the Thailand Pass application, please click the link below:
3. Proof of Vaccination or COVID Test
Proof of vaccination or COVID test is not required as of today’s announcement by the government.
4. Hotel Booking or Proof of Address
Foreigners arriving in Thailand are normally required to provide an address in Thailand. Travelers may provide private accommodation such as a house or apartment. Travelers who opted to stay in hotels must book a hotel in advance.
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended Bangkok Hotels:
- Anantara Riverside Bangkok
- Avani+ Riverside Bangkok
- Bangkok Marriott Marquis
- Courtyard by Marriott Bangkok
- DoubleTree by Hilton
- Grand Hyatt Erawan Bangkok
- Hilton Sukhumvit Bangkok
- Lebua at State Tower
- Millennium Hilton Bangkok
- Park Hyatt Bangkok
- Shangri-La Bangkok
- Sofitel Bangkok Sukhumvit
- The Landmark Bangkok
- The Okura Prestige Bangkok
- Vie Hotel Bangkok
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Phuket:
- Andakira Hotel
- Andamantra Resort and Villa Phuket
- Crest Resort and Pool Villas
- Four Points by Sheraton Phuket Patong Beach Resort
- Hilton Phuket Arcadia Resort and Spa
- Impiana Resort Patong
- Kalima Resort & Spa
- Phuket Graceland Resort and Spa
- Phuket Marriott Resort & Spa, Merlin Beach
- Phuket Marriott Resort and Spa, Nai Yang Beach
- The Marina Phuket Hotel
- The Nai Harn Phuket
- The Nature Phuket
- V Villas Phuket
To assist travelers in planning their trip to Thailand, we have compiled a list of highly recommended hotels in Pattaya:
- Avani Pattaya Resort
- Bella Express Hotel
- Cape Dara Resort
- Centara Grand Mirage Beach Resort
- Dusit Thani Pattaya
- Grande Centre Point Pattaya
- Hilton Pattaya
- Ibis Pattaya
- InterContinental Pattaya Resort
- MYTT Beach Hotel
- Navana Nature Escape
- Pullman Pattaya Hotel G
- Royal Wing Suites and Spa
- Veranda Resort Pattaya
- Woodlands Hotel and Resort
Book Your Thailand Hotel on Agoda.com
How to Stay in Thailand for 5 to 20 Years
Do you want to stay in Thailand for 5 to 20 years with VIP treatment? The Thailand Elite Visa program is the best fit for you. The Thai Elite Visa is one of the special Thai visas aimed for digital nomads, retirees, business people, investors, high-income individuals, and families looking to move to Thailand. Siam Legal is the authorized corporate sales and service agent of Thailand Elite visa in the USA, UK, and Australia; with years of experience and an exemplary reputation.
Privileges of Thailand Elite include:
- Multiple entry Visa valid for 5 to 20 years
- VIP assistance on arrival and departure at the airport
- Expedited immigration and passport control processing
- Exclusive arrival and departure VIP lounge
- Immigration services such as 90-day reporting
- Assistance in processing driver’s license and opening a bank account
Should you choose Siam Legal as your official agent for applying for Thailand Elite visa, we do not charge any agent fee and we also offer exclusive benefits such as:
- 24/7 VIP phone number provided by Siam Legal
- 1-Night Free Hotel Stay and Food Vouchers at Marriott Hotels in Bangkok, Phuket, and Samui (value 9,000 THB)
- 2 hours of legal consultation with our legal advisor (value 10,000 THB)
- 2 hours of immigration consultation (value 6,000 THB)
- Free Notary Public service (one document, one-time value 3,000 THB)
- Free Bank Account Opening Service (value 5,000 THB)
For individuals or families who are interested in this long-stay visa program, you may visit: https://www.siam-legal.com/elite
Apply for Tourist and Non-Immigrant E-Visa
Travelers may apply for a Thailand visa through the online portal. The online visa application is open to the type of visas such as 60-day Tourist visa (TR), 6 months tourist visa (METV), 90-day Non-Immigrant visas, and 1 Year Non-Immigrant visas. The e-visa application process will take from 2 to 4 weeks depending on the Thai Embassy or Consulate. The application fee will be paid by credit card and the e-visa will be sent to the applicant through email. The online application is only available to countries listed below and the applicant must be currently located in that country or territory.
Applicants may apply for the Thai visa at https://www.thaievisa.go.th/
Notary Service in Bangkok
Siam Legal Visa Assistance
Package: 395 USD (Non-Immigrant O Visa Assistance)
- Visa Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (non-immigrant O marriage visa or retirement visa)
- 2-3 weeks total processing time
- Our offer is available in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada visa applications only
Package: 200 USD (TR Visa Assistance)
- Consultation with our Immigration Specialist
- Extensive checklist of required documents
- Assistance in visa application (TR tourist visa)
- 2-3 weeks of processing time
- Available in the US, UK, Ireland, and Canada visa application only
For the latest information, updates, and guide on How To Travel to Thailand in 2023, you may check this page here: https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-thailand/thailand-travel-restrictions-2023