Traveling these days, during a COVID-19 pandemic, is a stressful and long process in every country, especially in Thailand. But in order to be successful in entering Thailand, foreign travelers need to follow country regulations and requirements to enter Thailand.
Ni hao, are you a Chinese tourist/traveler looking forward to entering Thailand? You are in the right place.
Easy Steps on How to Enter Thailand in 2021 from China
In case of having trouble with the process of how to enter Thailand, here are the steps that you can follow:
1. Thailand Visa for Chinese
China is not a Visa Exempt country therefore, Chinese travelers need a proper Thai visa to enter Thailand. They are also allowed to obtain a Visa on Arrival for 15 days. So, what type of visas can Chinese tourists/travelers obtain if they are staying for more than 15 days?
The following are the types of visas for Chinese travelers can apply for:
- Tourist Visa for 60 days
- Special Tourist Visa (STV)
- Non-Immigrant Visa (for visiting Thailand for a variety of reasons; visas are valid for 90 days and can be renewed in Thailand for up to one year).
- Royal Thai Embassy, Beijing located at 40 Guanghua Rd, Jian Wai Da Jie, Chaoyang, Beijing, China
- Royal Thai Consulate, Chengdu located at 6 Hangkong Rd, Tongzilin, Wuhou District, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, 610041
- Royal Thai Consulate, Guang Zhuo located at 36 Youhe Rd, Kecun, Haizhu District, Guangzhou, Guangdong Province, China
- Royal Thai Consulate, Shanghai located at 567 Weihai Rd, Jing’an District, Shanghai, China
- Royal Thai Consulate, Nanning located at 52 Jinhu N Rd, Qingxiu District, Nanning, Guangxi, China
Assuming that you are done and the Thai authorities have issued you a visa, you can now apply for entry to Thailand.
NOTE: For non-Chinese nationals currently located in China, you may still enter Thailand without a Thai visa if you are qualified under the Visa Exemption Scheme.
The Thailand government has given Chinese tourists options, to whether they would like to stay through a hotel room quarantine for 7 days OR go for quarantine-free travel for 7 days in Sandbox programs by the Thai government:
- Hotel Quarantine Program
Vaccinated Chinese tourists are required to be quarantined for a number of 7 days at an ASQ hotel while unvaccinated tourists are required to quarantine themselves for 10 days at an ASQ hotel. However, in terms of children, they are not required to be vaccinated as long as their parents are.
- Sandbox Programs
Sandbox programs only cater to vaccinated Chinese tourists, where they are required to stay within the location (Phuket, Samui, Phang Nga, Krabi) of the chosen sandbox program for 7 days.
It is a quarantine-free travel program where you will not be quarantined in a hotel, but you are still required to stay within and roam around the premises of the Sandbox program.
So, which would you choose, the hotel quarantine or the quarantine free travel Sandbox programs?
2. Book a Flight, Hotel, and Purchase COVID-19 Insurance
It is important to note that this part is very important to proceed to the next step.
Book a Flight from China to Thailand
There are some available flights from China to Bangkok or Phuket, Thailand. Available operating airlines are:
- Air China
- Thai Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Singapore Airlines
Please note that if you are to travel to Phuket, make sure you book a flight to Phuket without transit in Bangkok. And note that a Chinese tourist/traveler is required to follow airport or airline regulations, like wearing a mask, social distancing, to have a safe trip to Thailand.
Book a Hotel
Upon arrival from China to Thailand, the passengers that enter Thailand are required to transfer to a hotel. The type of hotel one will book depends on whether they are quarantined to a hotel or through the Sandbox programs.
- Quarantine Hotels in Thailand (ASQ)
A Chinese tourist must book an official quarantine hotel if you are compelled to complete a mandatory quarantine for 7 or 10 days in a hotel room. The majority of quarantine hotels are in Bangkok or Pattaya.
- SHA+ Hotels
A Chinese tourist must book a SHA+ hotel if they are to stay at Sandbox programs, like Phuket Sandbox. They are to complete only 7 days of stay, knowing that they are vaccinated, and then they are allowed to go to different destinations in Thailand or stay at the sandbox location as long as they want.
To book ASQ/SHA+ hotels click here.
Purchase COVID-19 Insurance
To be granted entry to Thailand, foreign travelers are required to have Covid-19 insurance. Before purchasing Covid-19 insurance, one must consider the coverage needed for it to be deemed valid.
The coverage includes:
- Must be at least U$50,000
- Must cover the length of your stay.
- Must cover unexpected events during your stay in Thailand.
- Must cover the cost of a medical emergency, including the worst-case scenario relating to COVID-19.
For reliable Covid-19 insurance, choose AXA Sawasdee Thailand.
3. Apply for Thailand Pass
Once done booking flights, hotels and purchasing COVID-19 insurance. You are now to proceed to apply for a Thailand Pass QR code.
- To apply for the Thailand Pass, head to the web portal and fill out the form and provide supporting papers such as a copy of your passport, a copy of your valid visa (if applicable), and COVID-19 travel insurance.
- You will receive an email shortly with your Thailand Pass QR code if your application got approved.
The application for the Thailand Pass is free-of-charge. However, should the applicant needs any assistance, you may visit www.siam-legal.com/thailand-pass.
4. Obtain COVID-19 Test Result
If the Thailand Pass QR code is already obtained, the next to obtain is a medical certificate of your negative COVID-19 result. The COVID-19 test must be performed using the RT-PCR method within 72 hours before departure.
5. Requirements to Enter Thailand for Chinese
Now that you have accomplished getting the documents from steps 1 to 4, you are to gather them and prepare them before departure to Thailand for easy access. Listed below are the documents you are to prepare:
- T8 Health Form
- Thailand Pass
- Install ThailandPlus Application
- Valid Thai Visa or Re-entry permit
- Passport with at least 6 months validity
- COVID-19 Insurance Certificate
- Confirmed Booked ASQ Hotel or SHA+ Hotel
- Confirmed Travel Itinerary
- Certificate of Vaccination or Proof that you are vaccinated
- COVID-19 RT PCR test result